Fertility Centers of Illinois is one of the nation’s leading infertility treatment practices, providing advanced reproductive endocrinology services in the Chicagoland area for more than 30 years.
At Fertility Centers of Illinois/IntegraMed Fertility, we believe that every person, every couple, deserves compassionate care during the fertility treatment process. Every member of our team is dedicated to providing our patients every possible opportunity for successful family-building.
Our goal is simple: to provide the highest quality of care that results in a healthy pregnancy for our patients.
What if each day you could….
We are looking for a CERTIFIED Medical Assistant to support our Warrenville clinic. In order to be considered for this position, the candidate must be a certified medical assistance in Illinois. This person must also have STRONG phlebotomy skills and experience drawing blood.
The hours for this full-time position are 6:30 am-3:00 pm, Monday-Friday. Must have flexible schedule as limited weekend rotation of up to four (4) weekend days per year is required.
This role is responsible for the following:
- Perform venipuncture and collect other specimens for testing using proper technique and Universal Precautions.
- Closely follow laboratory instructions for specimen collection, storage and transport.
- Adhere to insurance requirements regarding the laboratory to be used in each circumstance.
- Confirm orders in Artworks and/or encounter forms to ensure accuracy of specimens collected.
- Ensure that required consent forms for testing are completed.
- Verify identifiers on specimens with patients.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of lab changes and requirement
- Keep phlebotomy lab and other clinical areas clean and stocked.
- Sterilize equipment.
- Ensure that timely preventive maintenance and repairs are performed on clinical equipment.
Data entry/computer/clerical tasks:
- Utilize EMR to access necessary clinical information, process lab orders, and to document patient care activities, outcomes, and test results.
- Utilize Mysis to access necessary demographic, insurance, scheduling, and other information.
- Utilize online systems for ordering of tests as necessary.
- Maintain patient confidentiality by abiding by all aspects of HIPAA.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by abiding by all aspects of OSHA.
- Adhere to all Practice standards, policies and procedures.
- Adhere to incident reporting policy and procedures.
Accountability and professionalism:
- Develop and maintain professional and effective working relationships with all customers and Practice physicians and staff.
- Actively demonstrate behaviors associated with problem-solving, multi-tasking, and accountability.
- Keep knowledge and skills current by attending continuing education and training opportunities.
- Assist with training of new lab staff
Additional patient care tasks:
- Take heights, weights, and vital signs and document results appropriately (location dependent).
- Collaborate with nursing team to have patient questions and issues addressed promptly.
- Provide anticipatory guidance for patients in terms of when to expect results and further information/instructions.