Be a part of a team dedicated to helping people build families!
Fertility Centers of Illinois is one of the nation’s leading infertility treatment practices, providing advanced reproductive endocrinology services in the Chicagoland area for more than 30 years.
At Fertility Centers of Illinois/IntegraMed Fertility, we believe that every person, every couple, deserves compassionate care during the fertility treatment process. Every member of our team is dedicated to providing our patients every possible opportunity for successful family-building.
Our goal is simple: to provide the highest quality of care that results in a healthy pregnancy for our patients.
Together, we make families happen!
- More than 65,000 patients cared for since 1997
- Eleven (11) nationally and internationally recognized, fellowship-trained physicians
- Over 30,000 babies born!
- More In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) procedures than any other practice in the Midwest-more than 25,000 since 1997
- State-of-art facilities offering a less costly alternative than hospitals
- The only infertility practice in the Midwest providing professional counseling from in-house, licensed, clinical psychologists and behavioral health specialists
- One of the nation’s first fertility practices to integrate holistic/mind-body approaches to complement medical treatment
What if each day you could….
- Make a difference in the lives of others
- Fulfill the dreams of parenthood for a couple or individual
- Work in a team environment that has a common goal
- See challenges as opportunities to excel and grow as an individual while contributing to an important mission
You can do this here at Fertility Centers of Illinois!
We are looking to fill a Financial Coordinator position for our Hinsdale clinic. This is an hourly, non-exempt position eligible for OT with prior approval from the direct supervisor.
Overview: This position is responsible and accountable for coordinating all aspects of the patient financial experience. The position is also responsible for providing professional, quality customer service, timely resolution to customer problems, and coordination of services to all customers.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Has a high level of knowledge and can effectively explain insurance benefits, coverage limitations, authorization requirements, and billing/contracts; Financial Programs (Attain IVF Program and third-party loan options); and pricing;
- Follows financial coordinator workflow to identify and prioritize communication with assigned patients; providing financial support, training, and guidance;
- Calculates patient estimated charges; documents estimated patient financial liability (insurance limits and co-payment responsibilities); consults with patients regarding FCI fees and their financial obligations; provides payment options for the patients; and collection of patient’s financial responsibility when required prior to arrival for services;
- Secures patient signatures for required forms;
- Reviews AW Financial Schedule daily to determine if assigned patients have their insurance matters in order (e.g., referrals, pre-certifications, and pre-determinations) and “Green Light” the patient’s account when the patient is cleared to start service;
- Document accounts appropriately (NextGen, Felix, and Artworks);
- Conducts ongoing reviews of accounts receivable with patient responsibility for services.Enters financial notes in the billing system after all receivables follow-up activities, so that there is a clear history of actions taken on collecting aged receivables in the account notes;
- Responsible for reviewing, interpreting and explaining patient accounts when patients present account conflicts;
- Billing responsibilities include preparation and submission of IVF Billing Sheets/documentation within two (3) days of date of service, and monthly preparation of patient’s insurance or self-pay status for Lake Anesthesia;
- Participates in the implementation of procedures to improve the quality and quantity of work processed by the IVF Coordinator team;
- Provide courteous and professional customer service to patients, coworkers and management.
- Proactively and respectfully communicates effectively with patients, coworkers, and supervisors;
- Able to work within a team setting (i.e. assisting team members and sharing knowledge);
- Maintains knowledge of and complies with external healthcare industry policies and procedures, including government, insurance, and third-party-payer regulations;
- Complies with all IntegraMed and FCI policies and procedures, including attendance, dress, corporate compliance, and safety;
- Attends administrative meetings and training sessions as requested;
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information and account status.
- Education: High School graduate or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Minimum two (2) years of billing or collections experience and two years of denial management experience, preferably in medical practice, payor or hospital setting.
The Fertility Centers of Illinois can offer you the following benefits:
- An amazing opportunity for you to make a transformative difference in people’s lives!
- Competitive salary.
- Medical (Blue Cross/Blue Shield), dental, life, 401K with company match, STD, LTD, life insurance and vision coverage for full time employees.
- A very generous PTO policy and six (6) paid holidays.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Tuition reimbursement ($1,000.00) for full time employees after one year!
- Free Annual Wellness Screenings for all employees.
- Flexible Spending Account.
- Free Flu Shots.
- Employee assistance program.
For additional information on FCI, please visit our website at www.FCIonline.com.
Fertility Centers of Illinois participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S through the U.S Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S Department of Social Security (SSA).
All offers of employment with Fertility Centers of Illinois/IntegraMed are contingent upon the background check, drug screen and reference check process.