The Per Diem Representative is responsible for carrying out the duties outlined in this agreement including:
· Providing technical support to physicians, surgical staff and institutions
· Providing service in compliance with the AMS & BSC Quality System Manual and Quality Service Procedures (QSP’s), and all responsibilities in the safety, health and environmental policies (provided during Men’s Health Training).
Case Coverage Consultation with Physicians and Institutions:
· Cover procedures as requested by Boston Scientific Field Personnel
· Confirm case details with Operating Room and/or Field Sales day before case
· Arrive at cases a minimum of 30 minutes of scheduled case time
· Follow all policies of the specific Vendor Program of the institution
· Maintain strong, cordial and professional relationships to enhance business relationships
· Effectively communicate technical information to customers and carry appropriate literature
· Complete Inventory Tracking Form (ITF) with product, pricing and appropriate patient identification, and signed by OR Circulating Nurse.
· ITF must be given to the appropriate hospital personnel for processing
· Complete Patient Information Form (PIF) and mail or fax to BSC per form instructions. Alternatively, a photo can be taken of the form and sent to the Boston Scientific Territory Manager.
· A picture of the ITF must be forwarded to the Boston Scientific Territory Manager.
· Loaner Kits (used and unused) must be re-packed, sealed and taken to appropriate hospital personnel or personally taken to FedEx for return within 24 hours of surgery completion. Tracking information must be provided via email or text to the Boston Scientific Territory Manager.
· All complaints/revision cases must be entered into Product Surveillance or information delivered to Territory Manager the day of event or when notified of such an event.
· Must complete additional training requirements as needed.