The Event Production Manager is responsible for working independently to plan and produce various event types booked by the sales department, utilizing a variety of established company processes, techniques and guidelines. The Event Production Manager should maintain positive client relationships, thus promoting future business for Pier Sixty, LLC. S/he must work closely with the Executive Director of Sales/GM in promoting the Company’s culture, mission and philosophy.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in food & beverage / restaurant experience, preferably in Banquets, Catering Services, and/or Convention Services preferred. A minimum of one-year supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
- Must have good food and beverage knowledge, and a high level of Banquet Service experience.
- Strong organizational skills, able to multi-task, and coordinate all aspects of an event
- Must have the ability to work independently, problem solve, trouble shoot, effectively prioritize work, and accurately meet deadlines.
- Ability to proactively make independent decisions.
- Must be thorough, detailed and have demonstrated organizational skills.
- Must be computer literate including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must be able to learn and utilize company software programs including but not limited to Delphi, Meeting Matrix.
- Ability to communicate effectively with associates, management, clients and vendors.
- Able to work flexible schedule in order to accommodate business levels.
- Ability to train and develop staff, offering input on performance of associates in adjacent departments.
- Drive additional revenue through proven upsell techniques with ability to meet upsell goals.