Research Analyst (Business Intelligence)
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Perform holistic studies using data from a variety of sources – extract signals and signatures from data using available toolset.
- Develop, package and deliver analysis that illustrate drivers of business trends with high precision and professionalism.
- Develop research reports that illustrate the findings and recommendations through visually appealing and clear content that educates business partners.
- Study partner business processes and functions to ensure research topics are relevant and recommendations are actionable.
- Identify opportunities for additional data resources that support Business Intelligence strategic objectives.
- Collaborate across a range of business functions including technology, sales, marketing and product development.
- Evangelize Business Intelligence mission and identify opportunities to influence decision making with supporting analysis.
- Work closely with the Business Intelligence group, Competitive and Product and Sales leadership.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 2-4 years analytic experience
- Demonstrable experience in documenting business requirements for data analysis.
- Experience in managing projects involving multiple stakeholders and/or regions.
- Proven achievements resulting from data analysis.
- Good working knowledge of digital content businesses.
- Highly proficient in data manipulation and analysis applications (i.e. SQL, Tableau, Lumira)
- Solid understanding of statistical analysis (Experience with a statistical package such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc. a plus)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Customer Focused – personally demonstrated that both external and internal customers are a high priority by identifying, and responding to their needs in a timely and efficient manner
- Initiative – Recognizes opportunities and initiates actions to capitalize on them by looking for a new and productive ways to make an impact
- Innovative Thinking – Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to do likewise
- Building Organizational Commitment – Demonstrates commitment, loyalty and appreciation for the organization. Conveys a high-level of concern for all employees, while helping to ensure that both their needs and those of the organization are met
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.