The Customer Success Manager / Senior Customer Success Manager (Sr.CSM) will clearly articulate and demonstrate learning methodologies and best practices to Skillsoft’s customer base and is expected to share experiences with the Customer Success organization.
The CSM partners with the Skillsoft sales and services team to drive impactful value and develop existing customer relationships to secure renewal and growth. They are the primary account owner and trusted advisor to customer stakeholders and project teams and are responsible for driving program improvement, success and value throughout the customer lifecycle.
The Senior CSM brings experience and knowledge in creating and driving impactful learning initiatives through the practice of Skillsoft’s strategic methodologies and emphasizes on program efficiencies, effectiveness and outcomes. This role involves consulting with many levels and focuses on program design tied to organizational imperatives and business goals; strategic alignment; adoption, end-user experience; marketing and communication strategy planning and value measurement.
As part of this role, the CSM / Sr. CSM should also be able to navigate through the entire Sales Cycle and have a thorough knowledge and skill to close Account renewal discussions.
• Manages more complex and strategic accounts that include global, enterprise accounts, complex TPLMS deployments, program management and mutli-program owner
• Serves as a mentor within Skillsoft’s Customer Success organization to guide best practices to team members and new hirers
• Actively participates and contributes to key Customer Success organization projects that focus on operational and organizational effectiveness
• Utilizes experience and is recognized in the organization as a SME in one or more disciplines within talent and learning, or digital technology
• Frequently delivers presentations to organizational and client audiences including, Customer Success Global Meetings, Regional Meetings, Sales Conferences, Perspectives, etc.
• Accountable for enabling success throughout the customer lifecycle using Skillsoft consulting best practices and methodologies, to drive renewal and growth outcomes for designated customer accounts as assigned by the Manager, Customer Success.
• Responsible for overall management of relationships and projects and is the main point of contact for the account team and the customer. Establishes relationships with stakeholders and mobilizers across the customer organization and enlists and manages internal Skillsoft resources including Client Service Consultants, Services, Technical Resources, and others throughout the lifecycle as needed
• Responsible for planning and driving ongoing account strategy (including setting account goals and priorities)
• Conduct quarterly customer reviews of overall account health including benchmarking, adoption trends and best practices
• Achieve annual certification in the use of Skillsoft methodologies, models and tools used to drive customer success, renewals and growth
• Responsible for customer monthly license consumption reporting and quarterly data analysis providing solution findings and trends
• Responsible and accountable for the customer Account Health Record, keeping details current and meeting established goals
• Responsible for entering key customer activities into Salesforce on a regular basis
• Responsible for pursuing strategic alignment opportunities throughout the customer organization
• Responsible for vetting customer mapping requests to gain understanding of the initiative and deployment plan
• Responsible for performing end-user audits for each customer and providing recommendations for improving the overall end-user experience
• Maintain industry knowledge and trends via internal resources
• Collaborate regularly and share best practices and successes with team
• Engage the customer’s Learning and Talent Teams and other Key Organizational Stakeholders in ongoing expansion and refinement of the program strategy in order to achieve ongoing program success and value
• As a vital extension of the Skillsoft Sales and Services Team, the CSM contributes to the achievement of revenue goals as a support resource for up-selling and renewal opportunities
• Participates on project teams that contribute to the overall Customer Success organization
• Direct customers to self-serve options provided in Skillsoft’s customer portal
• Participate in ongoing development in areas such as Skillsoft product knowledge; customer lifecycle management; various Skillsoft internal tools; and professional development (including business acumen; consultative skills; time-management; organization skills; project management, presentation skills, Excel and PowerPoint skills)
• Demonstrates expert knowledge in Skillsoft content, learning design and technology
• Channel technical issues to the appropriate resources and escalate custom satisfaction issues as needed
• Demonstrates proficiency in internal processes
List of primary and secondary day-day activities this positon will be performing connected to KRA’s and KPI’s
Possess 7+ years in the talent and learning or digital technology industry
Demonstrated expertise in the talent and learning, or digital technology industry; proven ability to articulate its features and benefits to all levels of the business enterprise, including understanding of the customer's business drivers
Superior knowledge of current IT and End User technology, Business Skills, Compliance and Competency Development with the ability to articulate their relevance to the organization's learning and development needs
Strong knowledge of talent management and key organizational learning initiatives such as leadership development, management development and professional development
Expert knowledge in competency framework, needs assessments and ability to advise clients on learning solutions based on Skillsoft’s content library
Excellent consulting, listening and communication skills, evidenced by the ability to establish influential relationships with diverse customers, including business owners
Superior customer service skills demonstrating responsiveness, positive attitude and professionalism
Excellent facilitation skills for meetings and group activities, both virtual and live, demonstrating the ability to guide groups, listen and question effectively (includes corporate/executive briefings)
Excellent presentation skills, both virtual and live, in large and small group settings and exceptional knowledge of Webex
Excellent written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to write with purpose, clarity, and accuracy
Effective project management and organizational skills specifically managing multi-solution, simple to complex, concurrent projects.
Must have strong Sales and Negotiations experience
Excellent skills in critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making that balance analysis with responsiveness for independent, solution-focused action
Strong self-directed work habits, exhibiting initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, self-assurance and professionalism
Ability to easily adapt to change as it relates to customer strategy, internal/external relationships and organizational direction• Leadership experience in mentoring and coaching others
Excellent data analytical skills
Excellent teamwork skills and ability to act as a strategic partner to the client and sales team
Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills and proficient in Word and Outlook
Customer Focused – personally demonstrated that both external and internal customers are a high priority by identifying, and responding to their needs in a timely and efficient manner
Initiative – Recognizes opportunities and initiates actions to capitalize on them by looking for a new and productive ways to make an impact
Innovative Thinking – Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to do likewise
Building Organizational Commitment – Demonstrates commitment, loyalty and appreciation for the organization. Conveys a high-level of concern for all employees, while helping to ensure that both their needs and those of the organization are met