Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Work with cutting-edge technology including NodeJS, ReactJS, GraphQL, Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS.
- Collaborate with delivery team members during both design and development phases to implement services that adhere to UI architectural standards and best practices.
- Work with team to provide consistent user experience with an effective, consistent implementation.
- Collaborate with front- and back-end developers, DevOps, and QA daily through working on a product Squad.
- Assist team with the design for an optimal and efficient implementation in a CI/CD environment.
- Implement backend APIs for front-end solutions within a CI/CD environment for Percipio’s Learner platform.
- Provide JSON APIs to the front-end that is mainly written in React.
- Implement an accessible UI for the Learner.
- Assist with the improvement in Development and Testing practices that will lead to increased performance of the application.
- Apply leading-edge web development skills to develop user facing features
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize user-facing features for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to build user-facing features
- Integrate and extend the Percipio offerings into consumer applications and technologies:Electron App, Slack App, Alexa Skill, Office plug-in, Browser extensions, Dev Tools and IDEs
- Build prototypes to explore new technologies and feature sets
- Be the catalyst that promotes your concepts from the exploratory stage through to deployment with real-world applications
Skills & Qualifications:
- BS degree in a Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in web development, working on developing backend solutions for front end applications
- Understanding of application designs, SaaS, and web development technologies
- Demonstrate ability to work either independently and/or collaboratively, as needed by project scope and schedule
Technical Experience Required:
- Developing Node.JS applications
- Utilizing containers tools like Docker, Kubernetes, or similar
- Integrating backend data and state using GraphQL, REST APIs; document schema and API definition using Swagger, or equivalent
- Integrating with consumer applications, including at least Alexa and Slack
- Publishing applications for public use through various marketplaces, including at least 2 of the following: Chrome Store, Microsoft Store, Android Play, App Store, Alexa Skills Store, Slack App Directory
- Demonstrate the ability to define work and execute toward development goals using Scrum tools and cadence (e.g. Jira, CI/CD)
- Understand and embrace the values of working as a team player in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.