Title: Data Research Analyst - Temp
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
Reporting to the Sr Manager, Product Management, the Data Research Analyst will perform focused, deep analyses and present data-informed solutions to product and engineering stakeholders seeking answers to complex problems.
The Data Research Analyst will act as a trusted business partner, providing strategic insight and advice based on sound statistical analysis and data research.
- Possible Temp-to-Perm opportunity
- Identify opportunities for additional data resources that support Product Management strategic objectives.
- Develop research reports that illustrate the findings and recommendations through visually appealing and clear content that educates product team stakeholders.
- Develop, package and deliver analysis that illustrate drivers of product feature utilization trends with high precision and professionalism.
- Perform holistic studies using data from a variety of sources – extract signals and signatures from data using available toolsets.
- Partner with user experience team to study role workflows and functions to ensure data sources support relevant topics and recommendations are actionable.
- Collaborate across a range of business functions including product management, engineering, program management, hosting, and business intelligence.
- Evangelize Product Insights mission and identify opportunities to influence decision making with supporting analysis.
- Work closely with the Product Management and Business Intelligence groups to align on short and midterm strategy.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in BI reporting technologies such as PowerBI or Tableau.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience in documenting business requirements for data analysis.
- Experience in managing projects involving multiple stakeholders and/or regions.
- Proven achievements resulting from data analysis.
- Good working knowledge of digital content businesses.
- Highly proficient in data manipulation and analysis applications (i.e. Microsoft PowerBI, Google Analytics, SQL, Tableau,)
- Solid understanding of statistical analysis (Experience with a statistical package such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc. a plus)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.