Inside Sales Customer Sales Director (New Business)
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Identifies opportunities with potential customer accounts
- Develop and maintain relationships with new buying accounts
- Utilize professional selling expertise and business acumen to meet and exceed sales targets within a broad geographic sales territory
- Prepares sales forecast
- Move opportunities through the sales cycle-from identifying a prospect all the way through to negotiating contracts and finalizing the deal
- Works with the sales organization in the development of account research, assignments, and analysis
- Responsible for managing deadlines, assigning responsibilities, and monitoring and summarizing progress of account penetration
Skills & Qualifications:
- Analytical aptitude
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Effective communicator and works well with others
- Possesses strong written and oral communication skills and thrives in a team environment
- Experience selling in a consultative sales approach environment
- Experience with cold calling, business development and account management
- Excellent time management
- Works independently, self-directed individual
- A tested and proven track record in sales, with 2-5 years in a sales environment, B2B preferred
- Advanced negotiation and objection handling skills are essential
- Previous Salesforce experience a plus
- Customer Focused – personally demonstrated that both external and internal customers are a high priority by identifying, and responding to their needs in a timely and efficient manner
- Initiative – Recognizes opportunities and initiates actions to capitalize on them by looking for a new and productive ways to make an impact
- Innovative Thinking – Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to be likewise
- Building Organizational Commitment – Demonstrates commitment, loyalty and appreciation for the organization. Conveys a high-level of concern for all employees, while helping to ensure that both their needs and those of the organization are met
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.