SumTotal Systems, LLC, is the largest independent provider of integrated HR applications and the only provider to deliver Talent Expansion™, a whole new approach to discovering, developing and unleashing hidden potential within our customers’ workforce.
SumTotal has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s on-premise and cloud-based applications to enable their employees.
About this role:
The Software Engineer I will learn to review, analyze, design, implement, and modify aspects of approved applications. The software developer will write code, complete documentation, and unit test systems and applications. The Software Engineer I will assist in converting project specifications and procedures into detailed logical flow charts for coding. The impact of a developer's work will be seen by making our customers more efficient and have better working environments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Coding, unit testing, implementation and maintenance of the SumTotal product suite.
• Consistently deliver work products that exceed department quality metrics.
• Works collaboratively with Quality Assurance (QA) engineers through participation in the testing process and review of QA documentation.
• Participate in architectural design and review of the technical documents for system design.
• Ensure that the long-term architectural and performance strategies are considered when designing and coding solutions.
Skills & Requirements:
• Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or other technical related degree.
• 1-3 years of professional software development experience.
• Ability to contribute individually and work well with minimal supervision
• Ability to work well with a team, work optimally under scheduled deadlines, and have passion for delivering high quality output
• Good problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Must have prior job or internship experience in a software engineering role
• Experience with web application development (.Net or similar) and Database programming (MS SQL or similar).
• Exposure to design/implementation of application using N-Tier architecture
• Strong understanding of Internet and Intranet architecture
• Ability to debug and work with unfamiliar code to fix root cause of problems that might be reported