Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning. We train more professionals than any other company in the world. We are trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and talent management solutions.
At Skillsoft, we are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
Reporting to the Global Tax Director, the Tax Manager will be responsible for the oversight of the company’s worldwide tax compliance, as well as the preparation of the worldwide consolidated tax provision on a quarterly basis. The Tax Manager will liaise with internal contacts and outside consultants to insure the timely preparation and filing of all corporate tax returns, including income/franchise taxes, informational returns, sales and use tax returns, property tax returns, as well as annual reports. The Tax Manager will prepare the draft of the quarterly income tax provision and make timely finalization changes in response to the review of the Global Tax Director and external auditors. The Tax Manager will be a key liaison with other areas of the Finance group and the company at large and will interact with a broad range of personnel across the company both domestically and internationally.
- U.S. Income Tax and reporting – Working with outside preparers, ensure timely filing of accurate Federal and state income/franchise tax returns, and information returns. Research and propose resolutions to related tax issues; compute estimated taxes. Assist with gathering support and preparing responses to tax audits and other formal information enquiries
- International Tax – Working with the Global Tax Director, liaise with local country tax consultants and ensure timely and accurate filing of income tax returns. Provide advice (via liaison with local experts and direct research) to GL and AP/AR departments with respect to VAT where technical guidance is requested.
- Income Tax Provision –Apply the principals of ASC740 to populate and prepare the draft of the company’s global tax provision each quarter.
- Sales Tax – Working with the tax analyst, conduct research as needed concerning products and delivery methods to determine the proper application of sales/use tax in the various states and GST in Canada. Review all sales tax returns prior to filing.
- Registration & Licensing – Overseeing/managing the work of the tax analyst, ensure that all required registrations are maintained and Annual Reports are filed on a timely basis.
- Personal Property Tax – Overseeing/managing the work of the tax analyst, ensure accurate annual filings and timely payments of assessed taxes are made.
- Provide guidance on tax-related contractual language to the contracts group as needed.
- Assist or lead special and one-time tax research projects.
- Provide training and career-growth guidance to senior tax analyst and tax analyst.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5 or more years tax preparation and/or review experience: US and states - foreign a plus
- Extensive experience with ASC 740
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of and experience performing tax research
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong mentoring and management skills
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Strong computer skills, familiarity with PeopleSoft a plus
- International tax and compliance knowledge preferred
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; minor in Accounting acceptable with either MST or CPA.
- MST and/or CPA preferred.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.