Title: Senior Software Engineer
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
To succeed in this challenging journey we have setup multiple co-located development squads across the globe (US, Europe, India), embracing the Spotify agile framework, a Micro Services approach combined with the DevOps model. We have teams of engineers working full time on this new platform and are building another development squad. You will have the chance to work with brilliant people and some of the best development and design firms in addition of working with cutting edge technology.
We are looking for exceptional Java based full stack developers to join our team and also learn new technology. You will work with architects and DevOps to form a fully autonomous development squad and be in charge of one part of the product.
Skills & Qualifications:
- BS Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 6+ years’ experience writing documentation in a software development environment
- 7+ years of software engineering development experience background working with developing cloud based enterprise solutions.
- Strong knowledge in working with REST API*, Web services and SAML* integrations
- Experience working with databases preferably Postgres.
- Hands-on work experience working with the following:
- Frameworks: (Spring Boot, Ruby on Rails)
- DevOps: (Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, AWS)
- UI Test frameworks: (CasperJS, PhantomJS, Mocha, Jasmine, JEST, Selenium, etc.)
- Code versioning tools, preferably Git (Github, Gitlab, etc) and the feature branch workflow
- Automated tools like Maven, Gradle, NPM, WebPack, Grunt
- Must know how to code applications on Unix/Linux based systems*.
- Experience in working with Agile/Scrum environment*.
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.