Title: Compliance Software Build Engineer (Contractor)
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
Skillsoft is currently seeking a Build/QA/Customer Service Engineer to join our Compliance team on a temporary assignment. This position is responsible for the installation, configuration, documentation, and support of Compliance Web development and test environments. The Build Engineer will be responsible for assisting in DevOps procedures and automation.
- Installation of Skillsoft Products in adherence to tight deadlines in a QA/Development environment
- Build and configure Windows-based and Linux servers
- Build, configure, and maintain multiple software application environments (including installation of Server OS, SQL Server, PostgreSQL databases, IIS, ReactJS, NodeJS, OS patching in Dev/QA environments, etc.)
- Document test environments and procedures for installations
- Participate in software testing as required
Skills & Qualifications:
- Understanding of Internet networking technologies (TCP/IP, web servers, proxy servers, firewalls, etc.)
- Proficiency with Windows Server operating systems (Windows Server 2008R2, 2016)
- Experience with Jenkins; software deployments; auto-deployments
- Understanding of LAN and Intranet configurations
- Understanding of installing, configuring, and maintaining Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2 and 2017
- Understanding of installing, configuring, and maintaining PostgreSQL 10 on Windows 2016.
- Familiarity and the ability to learn the use of Structured Query Language, (SQL).
- 2-3 years supporting Windows/Internet systems
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.