Title: Technical Instructor - Content Development
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
The Technical Instructor acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in producing IT content, including the creation, instruction, and support of the content. Technical Instructors are experts in their field who are responsible for the development and delivery of web based instructional content via several different modalities including delivering Live training, recorded studio training; and in written and electronic communications supporting the Skillsoft product line.
- Deliver web-based, synchronous (real-time) training on a variety of technologies including one or more of the following: DevOps, Full Stack Development, Microservices Development, and related technologies
- Create effective IT instructional content that conforms to prescribed standards
- Given high level objectives, determine the scope of designated curricula, generate course/lesson/topic breakdowns, and author assessments, exercises, and descriptive metadata
- Review and revise instructional content, including the quality assurance of content created by others
- Provide certified subject matter expertise for a variety of content development initiatives
Conduct on-going research and development on specific discipline areas and utilize this information to enhance the student’s learning experience
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience collaborating with team members to ensure consistent and high-quality plans and end products
- Demonstrated proficiency in the development and delivery of training/facilitated learning
- Prior experience in an educational or technology based organization is ideal
- Instructor Lead Training experience is an asset
- Must be willing to pursue additional training and certifications as requested
- Travel: Occasional International Travel
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.