Title: Systems Engineer II - Cloud Operations
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
Skillsoft is seeking an experienced VMware System Engineer to join a team of systems engineers in building and maintaining production and DR environments. The candidate will need to have experience supporting large, highly available environments and needs to possess a deep knowledge of VMware and Cisco UCS technologies.
- VMware upgrades, troubleshooting, planning new releases and new product features.
- ESX server setup/design, standardization of ESX environments while making recommendations relating to ESX capacity.
- Power management and monitoring of PDUs to collect information
- Creation of all documentation that involves design VMware ( work with apps team to ensure it is up to Skillsoft standards)
- Creation of documentation of standards for all template design ( then presents it to apps team for approval or revisions as needed)
- Ownership of all VMware critical documents( VM deployment docs, VMware user guides)
- Ensure compliance with datacenter standards
Skills & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Minimum 4 years experience
- Excellent knowledge of CISCO server hardware (Cisco Hardware: MDS, Nexus, UCS)
- Cisco Software: Performance Manager, Fabric Manager, Device Manager
- Experience in large/complex virtualized 7x24 environments
- Minimum VCP6-DCV certification is required
- Ongoing certification in VMware is expected
- VMware Products experience: VUM, Site Recovery Manager, vSphere6, VMware CLI & V-realize
- EMC storage and backup technologies
- EMC Software: ECC, Powerpath, SRDF
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server & RHEL operating systems.
- Knowledge of enterprise systems performance monitoring and administration tools
- Good understanding of disaster recovery and advanced data replication
- Knowledge of windows scripting
- Expert knowledge of Windows operating systems
- 40 hours per week – overtime as needed
- 24x7 on call rotation (one week in ~ 5)
- Availability for downtime maintenance window during call rotation Sunday (2:00 PM – 4:00 PM AST) and Wednesday (2:00 AM – 3:00 AM EST)
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- •Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.