Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Build and deploy predictive models that inform executive decisions and identify new data-informed opportunities to grow the Skillsoft business.
- Lead a cross-functional initiative in developing and implementing data science practices and programs; playing a key role in building the practice.
- Drive the full stack of the model build process, the predictive accuracy of deployed models and integration of statistical analyses within day-to-day decision making processes.
- Research, test, and validate new modeling techniques as appropriate for specific solutions.
- Present and depict recommendations so that stakeholders can make data-informed decisions.
- Evangelize Business Intelligence mission and identify opportunities to influence decision making with supporting analysis.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelors and 7+ yrs. relevant experience required in Statistics, Math, Finance or other quantitative field or Master’s degree and 5+ years of post-degree experience in Statistics, Math, Finance or other quantitative field (preferred).
- Problem Analysis Skills- Understand and be able to apply advanced modeling techniques such as logistic regression, generalized linear models, decision trees, cluster analysis, survival analysis, etc. to answer specific business queries or situations.
- Independent - Advanced knowledge of the entire modelling process (design, develop, test, implement, measure) and demonstrated ability to manage time/resources to bring projects to completion.
- Results Oriented - Proficient leveraging financial techniques i.e. ROI, NPV and Cashflow to measurement the effectiveness of tools/models.
- Technical Expertise - Highly proficient in data manipulation and analysis applications (i.e. SQL, Tableau, etc.).Solid understanding of statistical analysis (Experience with a statistical package such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc. a plus).Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency.
- Adept at working in a fast-paced environment, with multiple and changing priorities.
- Acute attention to detail, organized and deadline oriented.
- Comfortable working collaboratively on a global team.
- Self-starter with ability to make independent decisions.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communicator.
- Innovative – Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to do likewise.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.