Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Lead the global development of Information Technology category and strategic sourcing process providing leadership of all IT Strategic Procurement functions across Skillsoft.
- Drive category strategy, sourcing and negotiation planning and organizational metrics.
- Identify strategic opportunities and organizational development through spend analytics, supplier selection, contract negotiations, supplier management and process improvement.
- Implement and manage enterprise-wide strategic agreements.
- Partner with functional organizations including the IT, Hosting, Cloud Ops, Engineering and Business Applications to achieve our collective purpose.
- Ensure Skillsoft asset management solution can accurately count the software deployment across the enterprise and license entitlement is captured comprehensively and accurately in order to produce an effective license position.
- Own and manage renewals of software licenses & maintenance, SaaS, IT service and various support contracts.
- Build strong supplier relationships and common processes to drive performance.
- Influence change and drive team vision.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 10 years of global indirect procurement experience specifically with IT in a software/technology company.
- Ability to manage renewals of software licenses & maintenance, SaaS, IT service and various support contracts.
- Significant experience with all aspects of strategic sourcing and execution.
- Ability to act as a change agent.
- Ability to influence key decision-makers and to negotiate with internal constituents across Skillsoft businesses, functions, and external supplier community.
- Skilled at handling multiple priorities.
- Experience in a global Indirect Procurement role to include first-hand experience negotiating price, scope, terms and conditions.
- Well-versed in commercial contracting practices.
- Experience driving savings in indirect categories.
- Willingness to travel approximately 10-20% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency.
- Adept at working in a fast-paced environment, with multiple and changing priorities.
- Acute attention to detail, organized and deadline oriented.
- Comfortable working collaboratively on a global team.
- Self-starter with ability to make independent decisions.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communicator.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.