Title: Solution Principal, IT and Developer Portfolios
Reports to: Director, Solution Practice
The Solution Practice is part of Skillsoft’s Industry, Value, and Solution group. The Solution Principal for the IT and Developer Portfolios is a business development professional that is dedicated to driving revenue growth for their portfolios. The Solution Principal has a deep understanding of an enterprise’s IT & Developer training needs and uses that understanding to provide expert business-driven consulting to account teams and sales management. As such, Solution Principals are engaged with account teams on select and strategic high-value new business, upgrade and renewal opportunities. Solution Principals must be able to support the many activities that contribute to pipeline and revenue growth. The Solution Principal is considered highly proficient in relation to technical and developer competencies as well as technical certifications. The Solution Principal is recognized as a thought leader within their area of expertise, is confidently able to address C-level discussions, and able to help the Skillsoft account teams effectively expand revenue opportunities.
· Growth of their portfolios’ revenue.
- Helps the account teams discover, nurture, and close new business opportunities for their portfolio of products.
- Assists the account teams with high-value, strategic renewals and upgrades as identified by sales management. Helps the account teams to identify and pursue opportunities to protect and grow the revenue from these accounts.
- Possesses excellent knowledge of Skillsoft’s content, technology and messaging that allows them to provide recommendations to the account teams regarding solutions and services in order to meet the customer’s capability requirements and Skillsoft’s achievement of revenue goals
- Works with the account team to develop key deliverables to help in growing revenues
- Continually maintains a highly current walking knowledge of the Skillsoft competitors and creates traps that will help scale competitive differentiation via Skillsoft’s messaging and product features
- Demonstrates expert-level of proficiency in IT and Developer training capability domain expertise including legacy, current and horizon technologies
- Maintains superior industry knowledge of emerging trends via internal resources and by attending various external key conference and reviews of credible research
- Conducts webinars and other events to help drive pipeline and account growth.
· Produces thought leadership (i.e., blogs, social posts, white papers, webinars, etc.) that contributes to a strong brand image and Skillsoft social media property followership
· Provides strategic recommendations for Skillsoft’s content and services roadmap based on customer and prospect feedback that will help Skillsoft garner more market share
· Offers counsel as a highly respected ‘go-to’ resource on various internal project teams to represent the IT and Developer skills training buyer preferences and priorities
· Enters key customer activities into Salesforce on a regular basis in order to track Solution Principle engagements to sales outcomes
· Collaborates regularly and shares best practices and successes with the IVS team, as well as the sales teams. Provides suggestion for continuous improvement
· Possesses 10+ years in the enterprise IT and/or and IT learning and talent industry, with substantial business development or direct sales experience to IT buyers.
· Demonstrates an exceptional level of internal and external customer responsiveness
· Has a proven ability to articulate features and benefits of Skillsoft’s solutions to all stakeholder levels
· Maintains highly adept understanding of Skillsoft’s IT and Developer solutions with the ability to articulate their relevance to the organization's training needs
· Possesses expert knowledge in IT competency frameworks within various geographies and verticals
· Exceptional cross-team collaboration and internal customer support
· Possesses excellent consulting, listening and communication skills, evidenced by the ability to establish influential relationships with diverse customers/prospects, including executive-level business owners
· Demonstrates positive attitude and professionalism, an ambassador for the Skillsoft brand
· Exhibits expert facilitation skills for meetings and group activities, both virtual and live, demonstrating the ability to guide groups, listen and question effectively (includes corporate/executive briefings)
· Has superior presentation skills, both virtual and live, in large and small group settings
· Demonstrates the ability to write with purpose and accuracy
· Possesses advanced project management and organizational skills
· Has excellent critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills that balance thoughtful analysis with timely responsiveness
· Shows self-directed work habits, exhibiting strong initiative, drive, creativity, maturity and self-assurance
· Is adaptable to change as it relates to sales plans, Skillsoft product strategy, internal/external relationships and organizational direction
· Shows scheduling flexibility to effectively adapt to geographies that Skillsoft supports
· Exhibits teamwork skills and ability to act as a strategic partner to the client and account team
· Meets weekly with direct manager in order to review pending priorities, reflect on recent accomplishments and how to overcome challenges
· Travel to internal Skillsoft meetings and customer sites as warranted (travel estimate 25-50%)
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher in technical field; or equivalent experience