The Solution Architect is an integral member of the Skillsoft’s sales organization. The Solution Architect is responsible for supporting the sales cycle of new business and key renewal opportunities by strategizing with the Customer Sales Director (CSD) on sales strategy and product fit, configuring and performing product demonstrations, managing pilots, setting appropriate expectations during the sales cycle, and supporting other processes in the sales cycle as appropriate. Superior knowledge in Skillsoft’s products, platform, and implementation of elearning solutions is required.
• Provide pre-sales support by articulating the value of Skillsoft, executing and designing engaging demos, evaluations and pilot requests.
• Support CSDs throughout RFI/RFP process including RFP strategy, review of RFP team’s response, follow-up questions, preparing and delivering customer presentation as appropriate.
• Conduct regular prospect planning sessions with CSDs to identify ways to support the progression of the sales cycle for key opportunities.
• Research and understand the prospect’s business to better consult with sales team on sales strategy and presentation.
• Support assigned regions in quarterly initiatives to help drive forecast pipeline such as creating email templates, customized sites, processing registrations, running reports, etc.
• Describe and discuss the Strategic Implementation process (direct Skillport, TPLMS, Compliance Platforms or Percipio) and requirements with sales prospects.
• Present technical requirements and determine when to engage additional Skillsoft SMEs including Application Engineer, Product Management, CCPublishing, Compliance Team etc.
• Collaborate with CSDs on pre-sales mappings to ensure mapping requirements are defined and clear.
• Provide Project Management expertise for Pilots relating to site builds, site configuration, kick-off, and results and reporting.
• Maintain knowledge of how Skillsoft content can integrate into third-party LMSs and talent systems. This includes being able to discuss and demonstrate the user experience and best practices for viewing Skillsoft content in third-party systems.
• Maintain and utilize competitive knowledge to set traps in demonstrations, evaluations and during the RFP process.
• Responsible for documenting and transferring key prospect information to the services team when a contract is signed.
• Maintain industry knowledge and trends relating to implementation, elearning technologies, end-user and LMS technologies.
• Maintain knowledge and skills, through ongoing training in Skillsoft product areas including platform and content.
• Maintain knowledge of Skillsoft’s Solution Services, Platform Services and Custom Content Development
• Contribute to the ongoing improvement of process efficiencies
• Enter key prospect activities and opportunity progress in Skillsoft’s CRM.
• 5+ years of experience in a Pre-sales or Solutions Consultant role in the eLearning/LMS industry
• Field based employee with 35-40% travel
• Communication Skills – the ability to be confident and comfortable in a variety of formal and informal settings including both small and large groups with peers, direct reports, customers and sr. leaders; able to convey information clearly and concisely to groups or individuals either verbally or in writing to ensure that they understand the information and the message.
• Consulting Skills -Eagerly engages with clients; develops a clear picture of the needs and best options from the client’s perspective; identifies resources and potential solutions that are practical and effective; helps clients navigate complex or sensitive issues; balances the client’s best interests with internal organizational objectives; analyzes and uses perspective on the client's business and operational needs to influence and drive impact; uses big picture thinking to help resolve issues and promote new opportunities; recognize and communicates trends so clients can better prepare to meet new challenges and leads through change
• Problem Solving Skills - Proactively identifies problems; uses logic, judgment, and data to evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions to achieve desired outcomes; analyzes situation including identification of root causes; assesses and mitigates risk; effectively navigates resistance and negotiates interests to achieve goals or positive alternatives; Makes sound decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; is able to make decisions under time or pressure with limited information.
• Results Oriented Skills- sets high goals and works aggressively to achieve them; pushes self and others to reach milestones; holds others accountable; proactively connects financial landscape and obligations to opportunities; incorporates selling mindset into consultative approach in order to achieve goals; sees when analysis and discussion have served their purpose and moves to action; responds to setbacks with renewed and increased efforts; is persistent in the face of difficulty; willingly puts in extra time and effort in crisis situations; goes the “extra mile” to ensure the goal is met
• Personal Effectiveness Skills - ability to devote appropriate degrees of attention to both personal and professional priorities to create a balanced, integrated and highly functioning individual. Is able and committed to adapt one's interpersonal style, skills and qualities so that high quality results are achieved.
• Demonstration Skills – ability to conduct demonstrations of Skillsoft’s offering, both in a virtual or face-to-face situation, by leveraging listening, questioning, and storytelling skills; ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences