Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
• Assist with the operations, support, availability, documentation, design, recoverability and maintenance of technology solutions in a Hosted environment.
• Work collaboratively with development organizations and vendors to define best practices and determine appropriate technology choices.
• Work collaboratively with other teams to diagnose/resolve performance/stability issues.
• Collaborate with application engineers and solutions architects in day to day operations as well as long-term sustainability and innovation.
• Creation and maintenance of documentation for Skillsoft operating environments covering: product deployments, routine maintenance, processes / procedures / resolutions.
Skills & Qualifications:
• At least five to seven years supporting systems and web servers
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Good understanding of Microservices Architecture
• Familiarity with system administration automation tools, scripting languages and desired state configuration tools. (Powershell, Ansible etc)
• Familiarity with CI/CD principles, methodologies and tools
• Experience with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift)
• Familiarity with the concepts, benefits and challenges of data related services such as Kafka, Cassandra, and Elastic Search
• Experience in the administration of Windows and Linux (RHEL) based systems
• Familiarity with editing tools and source control integration. (JBoss Dev Studio, Git)
• Experience in the support of enterprise hosted systems strongly desired
• Experience supporting 7x24 environments for Global 1000 customers is a strong asset.
• Working in an Agile environment and the adoption of DevOps culture
• Advanced understanding of operational challenges in a 7x24 environment
• Excellent communication, problem-solving and analytical skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills; and ability to perform under significant pressure
• Professional manner with strong interpersonal skills; a team player and a relationship builder
• Self-directed work habits, applied with creativity, resourcefulness and a sense of personal responsibility
• Ability to communicate information and ideas clearly and concisely, orally and in writing
• Ability to think strategically and plan for innovation/change; flexibility/adaptability
• Excellent listening skills
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.