Cloud Operations -Senior System Administrator
Senior System Administrator
The Data Center team at SumTotal Systems offers comprehensive-hosting services that allow extended enterprises to successfully deploy SumTotal applications with minimal IT infrastructure and resources. Through our dedicated application hosting services, our customers receive worldwide access to SumTotal learning applications.
The Data Center Administrator in Hyderabad manages Linux/Unix as well as Windows 2008/2012/2016 systems running custom Web & SQL applications that are part of a rapidly growing hosted environment. The administrator is a key part of SumTotal’s commitment to provide customers access on a 24x7x365 basis.
- As a Linux/Unix/CentOS Subject Matter Expert the candidate is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining secure, cost-efficient environments across environment.
- Primary responsibilities will include technical project implementation and sustaining engineering services for Linux/Unix/CentOS-based environments.
- Performs system configuration, software installation and upgrades of Linux/Unix/CentOS as well as Windows 2008/2012/2016 systems acting as application servers and database servers.
- Remote administration of Servers.
- Troubleshooting of issues related to Linux/Unix/CentOS, Windows and VMware servers/Infrastructure.
- Respond to customer requests for program loads, and system customization specific to SumTotal System’s industry leading product(s).
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and operation of systems.
- Optimizes system availability, security, and performance of systems.
- Server Patching/Upgrades
- Perform all backups and recovery for the hosted environment.
- FTP/SFTP and SMTP administration
- VM deployment from scratch/Template/Cloning
- Provide backend support for the systems to internal Customer Support staff
- Monitor system performance and capacity; provide input for needed expansion or alternative configurations to support additional storage, database capacity, or web server capacity needs.
- Developing, revising and maintaining technical and operational documentation (including procedures) to continually improve our computing environments
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 8+ years of experience with Linux/CentOS and Windows System Administration.
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix servers, Windows Server 2008/2012, Microsoft Clustering, DNS, Active Directory and Group policy
- Server updates/patching validation before implementing
- Strong knowledge on Performance monitoring and analysis
- Strong Linux/Unix and Windows troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of SSL, SSO and NT Authentication
- Strong knowledge of VMWARE ESXi 5.x and 6.x Clustering, Resource Pools, Memory and CPU management, VMOTION, Networking, VM Deployment, Cloning, and templates.
- Good Knowledge on VMWARE troubleshooting skills.
- Scripting in any of PowerShell/VB will be must.
- Strong knowledge on Backup/Restore. Livevault / Rubrik knowledge preferred.
- Good knowledge FTP/SFTP. ServU/GlobalScape knowledge will be an additional advantage.
- Knowledge of systems and network security principles, and general systems administration best practices.
- Basic Knowledge of Firewalls, Load Balancers, switches, and network design.
- Strong Knowledge on Change and Incident management process.
- The ability to work in an energetic, fast paced and interrupt driven environment, with openness to the demands and rewards of a 24 x 7 workplace.
- Goal-oriented attitude and demeanor to work through roadblocks, motivate external concerns and bring about resolution
- Be self-motivated and work well with end-users, management, and external technical support personnel
- Strong documentation, RCA’s and record keeping skills, with extreme attention to detail
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, think-on-your-feet business environment and possess strong organization skills, excellent verbal and written communication, good interpersonal skills, and an attention to detail, and be deadline focused.
Optional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of 3par, EMC, NetApp and Tintri storages.
Education, Training and Minimum Qualifications
· Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
· RHCE / Sun Solaris and Microsoft certified 2008/2012, vSphere 5.x/6.x certification will be an added advantage.
· 8+ years of experience in job specific skills.
· Experience of working in a 24 x 7 Data Center environment.
· Experience with Citrix Xenapp.
· Experience on Monitoring tool Splunk
· Experience in cloud backup technology LiveVault / Rubrik
· Experience in ServU / GlobalScape FTP/SFTP Servers
· Experience of managing large datacenters.