This position will manage a sales team of lead generators with the support of the Marketing Director. This role will be responsible for driving the team to acquire new business opportunities to grow pipeline, through reactive inbound inquiries and outbound proactive activity for both Skillsoft & SumTotal EMEA.
The person will have a passion and appreciation for sales excellence, structure and best practice/ methodology (BANT or similar). They will have previous experience in driving the activity, metrics and conversion of MQLs the team needs; creating and building a pro-active and consistent sales funnel for the business. The ideal candidate will fully understand how to analyse response data effectively. They will have an eye for detail and know how to spot gaps and develop and implement the right solutions.
• Effectively manage team's pipeline to ensure maximum success for generating revenue by building the territory via hunting and uncovering new sales leads and nurturing them to a well-qualified opportunity to field sales
• Work with marketing and manage lead generation team, to ensure proper territory strategies are executed. Manage team alignment and activity to key market segments and verticals. identifying your ideal customer profile, then tailoring your outreach strategy to meet prospective customers wherever they live online
• Working with marketing support the lead gen team by identifying the right material at the right time to win new clients (pre- and post-call). Based on usage and feedback develop and refine sales collateral in partnership with marketing teams
• Build successful sales campaigns via outbound call campaigns, social selling and event follow-up and ensure that relevant contacts are profiled and captured in our CRM systems. Support the team in identifying an ideal customer profile, then tailoring our outreach strategy to meet prospective customers wherever they live online
• Analyse team metrics and discuss the team’s performance and review the achievements against the agreed KPI’s. Ensure that sales staff are meeting or exceeding targets
• Recognise issues with the lead gen processes and sales pipeline and work collaboratively with Sales operations and marketing to resolve. Ensure that the CRM system is kept up to date and used effectively to drive sales performance. Using sales force automation tools to ensure all data is captured and tracked, and qualified leads are entered and assigned to appropriate resources
• Manage relationships with the lead gen team and ensure a high energy environment that focuses on achieving results and maintaining a winning attitude
• Play a key role in leadership meetings and provide regular reporting on teams activity
• Be responsible for creating a talent management plan that supports the transitions from lead to other roles and will be supported by the Sales Leadership team to provide coaching and training to maintain a strong sales culture throughout the whole team
• Support the ongoing hiring of the team including recruitment, onboarding, performance management and development plans
• Strong sales success in past roles, demonstrating top performance
• Must have minimum 5 years of sales experience, with a pure focus on new business sales
• 2+ years as a team lead
• Demonstrate ability to work in consultative sales environment with longer sales cycle
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrate ability to initiate and build strong relationships both with suppliers and internal teams
• Ability to learn and explain high level technical concepts on SaaS software.
• Must have a heart for leadership and developing others, and demonstrate past success minimising turnover, maximising success of graduate trainees and sales reps, and working in a fast-paced, fast-growth software sales environment
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law