Skillsoft is seeking a talented Senior Revenue Analyst to join our Revenue Operations team.
This position will have complete involvement in all aspects of the administration, recording and forecasting of revenue. The successful candidate will work independently within established parameters, while providing timely and thorough communication with Sales, Finance and external customers.
• Work closely with both the Legal department, and Sales team in structuring customer deals while ensuring favorable business terms that are in-line with the Company’s revenue recognition model.
• Regularly meet and build relationships with functional owners to create metrics, review performance and address business needs.
• Prepare revenue recognition analysis in line with the new 606 guidance as well as revenue and deferred revenue account reconciliations.
• Assist in all revenue recognition matters with the external audit firm for quarterly reviews and annual audits.
• Provide timely and comprehensive responses to inquiries from various department heads and functional owners (Sales, Finance, Marketing, etc.) as they relate to sales activities
• Assist in the preparation of reports for the company’s Senior Management Team and Board of Directors
• Create ad-hoc reports, analyses and metrics as requested by members of the Finance/Accounting team, Sales and Marketing
• Create and maintain databases necessary to support reporting requirements
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Experience working in a Company that has a SAAS product.
• Extensive knowledge of GAAP and software revenue recognition rules.
• Proven ability to work cross-functionally, and working in a matrixed organization
• Ability to think and work independently with high attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills while completing tasks on a timely basis.
• Excellent Excel skills required (e.g., pivot tables, advanced functions, macros)
• Experience working with business systems. Experience working with Sales Force Dot Com (SFDC) a plus
• Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, with changing and sometimes competing priorities, and still meet deadlines
• Strong verbal and written communication, presentation skills and relationship management
Education and Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
• Minimum 5 plus years business experience in similar capacity, with a CPA and experience working in a nationally recognized accounting firm, a plus.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law