This position is a quota bearing sales rep who is focused on selling enterprise-wide integrated HR solutions using SumTotal’s consultative solution selling techniques. These products include Learning, Workforce Management, Performance & Talent solutions as well as Professional Services. This role is focused on closing deals by working with new and existing large and complex organizations.
• Manage the sales component of the customer relationship with assigned portfolio of customers. Drive new bookings and customer satisfaction by proactively calling out the prospect base within the assigned territory and into the assigned customer base alongside the assigned Customer Success Manager.
• Position and sell additional products and services as well as expand the footprint of existing modules in the customer base.
• Uncover and build on new cross-sell opportunities
• Work with the assigned Customer Success Manager to facilitate the contract renewal process with customer
• Penetrate new territories and close customer opportunities to build a steady pipeline of business.
• Identify, call on, and interact with the senior level executives at targeted companies.
o Educate these executives about SumTotal solutions within the HR software space, both through individual efforts as well as through coordination with the Customer Success Manager and VAT (virtual account team).
• Must produce consistent, accurate activity and sales reporting using the company’s standardized tracking and reporting tools (including salesforce.com) to communicate with senior management and members of the marketing, inside sales and outside sales teams.
• Keep sales pipeline up-to-date and accurately forecast future business.
• Demonstrate and maintain an understanding of SumTotal products and solutions, the HR software space, in-depth product and service knowledge, and be proficient at coordinating customer interaction, and answering customer and prospect questions about the company’s strategy, products (including feature sets), functionality and pricing.
• Develop sales strategies and plans to achieve revenue attainment and territory growth.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience:
• 6-10 years commission sales experience in the software industry
• Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
• College degree
• Previous experience preferred.
• Experience in Human Capital Management space either as a customer or provider working with such products as Oracle, Taleo, SAP, Successfactors, Cornerstone, Saba, etc.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law