Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning. We train more professionals than any other company in the world. We are trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. With 100% cloud access, anytime, anywhere. Our key product areas are in Business Skills, IT Skills, Digital Skills and Compliance. Since we began in 1998, we have trained over 400 million users and one billion learning materials. Find out how we can help you lead a culture of innovation.
The Public Relations Manager reports to directly to the Director of Public & Analyst Relations and provides critical communication support across the marketing organization. Candidate is a crucial part of the team, self-motivated, highly organized, and has the ability to work effectively independently and as a contributing member of our team. The PR Manager will be creative and experienced in public relations, with a successful track record of executing powerful media, awards, and speaking programs for technology companies.
- Candidate must have the ability to edit and write high-quality public relations collateral requiring minimal edits. This includes press releases, pitches, PR plans, and related materials.
- Maintain awards and speaking opportunities database. S/he will also develop submissions and run appropriate internal approvals for speaking and award opportunities.
- Create and maintain business and trade press relationships.
- Participate in day-to-day activities with outside agency.
- Track and measure performance of PR programs against well-defined KPIs.
- Extensive media relations experience and the ability to tell a technology story into broader, business-focused stories.
- Track-record developing and securing awards and speaking opportunities.
- Demonstrated organizational and writing skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and meet strict deadlines.
- Positive attitude and demonstrated communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with multiple and changing priorities while maintaining strong focus on execution and results.
- Bachelor’s degree in PR/Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- Minimum five years of experience in public relations field (agency experience is a plus.)
- Exceptional writing, editing, and organizational skills.
- Comfortable working on a fast-paced global marketing team.
- Some travel may be required.