Value Engineering (VE) is a consultative sales practice aligned with the Global Sales organization to support success in top opportunities and contribute to increased sales productivity. VE collaborates in developing account penetration strategies with Area & Regional Sales Leaders with an emphasis on pipeline growth, fortifying pricing strategy, improving win rate, and influencing brand perception in the market. The team works closely with customers to build compelling business cases for change and deliver provocative executive presentations that differentiate the sales experience to help grow revenue.
The Value Principal is a strategic role that combines competencies of strategic consulting, sales, and value engineering along with HCM expertise. This is an opportunity to join a growing team seeking to drive value-selling capability across the enterprise. We are seeking a creative, entrepreneurial, and highly motivated individual to join the team.
• Directly enable value selling in targeted, top deals. Proactively engage with account teams to lead business case development. Conduct stakeholder interviews, create deliverables, and position successfully. Deliver provocative executive presentation that differentiates the sales experience.
• Fully leverage internal and outsourced value engineering tools. Recommend and contribute to improvements.
• Co-develop value models by solution. Review and improve the models based on testing & feedback. Develop tools and support structures to enable account teams to develop expert-level competence in tailoring the models over time.
• Develop value messaging & positioning. Maintain a highly current working knowledge of competitive landscape. Create” traps” that will help scale competitive differentiation via Skillsoft’s messaging and product features. Tailor value message to top accounts appropriately.
• Support demand generation, pipeline growth, & enablement of sales teams. Create vertically aligned value messages, conduct research, and source success stories to fuel insight-based prospecting efforts.
• Serve as Mentor to Develop and mature processes for showing value realized and optimizing value. Leverage current approaches, tools, methodologies and recommend innovations to advance enterprise capability.
• Produce thought leadership (i.e., blogs, social posts, white papers, webinars, etc.) that contributes to a strong brand image and Skillsoft social media property followership. Write and or contribute thought-leadership to compelling Skillsoft industry value proposition through blogs, social outlets, and other key digital channels.
• select members of the Value Community of Practice for the purposes of both scalability and to ensure strong talent pipeline.
• 3-5 years of professional experience, including at least one industry/solution segment.
• 2+ years enterprise/large account management/sales experience strongly preferred
• Some experience in management consulting or demonstrable project based experience
• Strong strategy analysis, business and financial acumen, HCMindustry focus preferable
• Strong executive presence; ability to gain trust of high level decision-makers quickly
• Possesses working knowledge of Skillsoft’s content, technology and messaging.
• Ability to align diverse perspectives and expectations
• Customer-facing experience; ability to build and retain strong customer relationships
• Ability to be able to lead large, complex engagements
• Experience with business case creation, analysis, and research
• Knowledge of value selling methodology & processes, opportunities, value chain and analyses experience
• Excellent communication and presentation skills - both written and verbal
• Critical thinking, creative problem solving and decision-making skills that balance thoughtful analysis with timely responsiveness
• Self-directed work habits, exhibiting strong initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, self-assurance and professionalism; adopts a “whatever it takes” mindset
• Is adaptable to change as it relates to sales plan, Skillsoft product strategy, internal/external relationships and organizational direction
• Global mindset
• Actively participates in team development; invests in others; shares expertise freely
• Travel to internal Skillsoft meetings and customer sites as warranted (travel estimate 25-50%)
• Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
• Demonstrated current point of view related to HCM
• Maintain superior HCM industry knowledge of emerging trends and value engineering best practices
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law