The Accounts Payable Specialist, who will report to the Sr. Mgr. Global Accounts Payable & Receivable, will be responsible for paying invoices for Skillsoft’s International Entities and subsidiaries as well as other duties as assigned. The successful candidate will have an acute attention to detail, and ability to research and analyze issues to the point of resolution. The ability to work on individual projects and team projects is essential.
• Verifying entries are posted by comparing the aging to trial balance/balance sheet.
• Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
• Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying VAT id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks/wires; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
• Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice; recording entries.
• Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
• Maintains historical records by filing and/or scanning documents.
• Analyze and post the accruals with Accountants for completeness.
• Assists auditors for the purpose of providing support and documentation on internal processes.
• Create and utilize automated tools for the updating, analyzing and reporting of all international financial results.
• Recommend improvement of processes through automation.
• Document policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
• Windows, Excel, email and web-based tools
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to multi task
• Ability to work in a team environment
• PeopleSoft 9.0 Financials Preferred