Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning – we train more professionals than any other company in the world, over 400 million learners, and currently support more than 6000 customers, including half of the Fortune 500.
We have released our next generation SaaS platform solution – Percipio, the industry’s first immersive eLearning platform. This is the realization of our vision that brings together technology and product to build the most beautiful product possible. You will be working with us to extend our vision and enhance and improve our product. See what team members had to say about this journey – Percipio Journey
For this challenging journey we have set up multiple co-located teams across the globe and are embracing the Spotify agile framework and a micro-services approach combined with the DevOps model for implementation. We have teams of engineers working full-time on this new platform. We are now looking for a front end/UI engineer to join our team and work with our development squad and UX/UI team in our downtown Boston office. You will have the opportunity to work with brilliant people around the globe while working with cutting-edge technology including ReactJS, GraphQL, NodeJS, Redux, ES6, cssnext, and Apollo. You will work jointly with the UI/UX team and other engineers to design elegant front-end solutions for Percipio’s Learner platform within a CI/CD environment. You will be embedded in a squad that is building the accessible Learner Platform application.
Technology and Workflow
• ReactJS, GraphQL, Redux, ES2015, JSX, Jest, Enzyme, CSS3/HTML5
• NodeJS, Ruby 2, Rails 5, RSpec, Elixir, Phoenix, Ansible, Postgres, Kafka, Fluentd, ElasticSearch
• Pair programming, code review, CI, best practices, design patterns
• Agile/Scrum, CI/CD, TDD, Business Driven Development
• NGINX, PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, Varnish
• REST, GraphQL, Apollo, Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant / Minikube, Jenkins, Ansible, AWS
• GitHub Enterprise, Sentry, Kibana, Splunk, Slack, Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence)
Our Work Place
• Downtown Boston office within walking distance of North and South stations.
• Experienced team with strong autonomy
• Spotify Agile Framework, Scrum
• Access to Skillsoft’s complete online learning materials
• Collaborate with delivery team members during implementation while adhering to UI architectural standards and best practices.
• Assist team with the design to obtain an optimal and efficient implementation in a CI/CD environment
• Work with team members and UI/UX design team to provide consistent user experience with an effective, consistent implementation.
• Build modular, reusable components that can be leveraged across product UI.
• Assist with the improvement in Development and Testing practices that will lead to increased performance of the application
• Collaborate with front- and back-end developers, DevOps, and QA daily through working on a product Squad.
• Minimum of 3+ years of experience in web development, working on solutions for front end (NodeJS, React/Redux, GraphQL, CSS3/HTML, and Rest APIs)
• Understanding of UX/UI design, SaaS, and web development technologies.
• Experience in developing Node.JS application or GraphQL is a big plus.
• Experience with using containers tools like Docker, Kubernetes, or similar.
• Experience with elastic logging and error reporting is a plus as well as tools for troubleshooting (sentry, New Relic, ELK stack, ElasticSearch, Kibana)
• Knowledge of Accessibility standards and Localization techniques
• Passionate, curious, open to new ideas with the ability to pick up new technologies.
• Experience working as a team player in an Agile/Scrum environment.
Education and Certifications
BS Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred