The Infrastructure team at SumTotal Systems offers comprehensive-hosting services that allow extended enterprises to successfully deploy SumTotal applications with minimal IT infrastructure and resources. Through our dedicated application hosting services, our customers receive worldwide access to SumTotal learning applications.
The Network Administrator II in Europe manages the network components that are part of a rapidly growing hosted environment. The administrator is a key part of SumTotal’s commitment to provide customers access on a 24x7x365 basis.
• Serving as a L2/L3 escalated support for network issues related to routing, switching, load balancing, DNS, GSLB, CDN, firewalls and other similar datacenter network and security technologies
• Performing new client implementations in a SaaS environment
• Configuring and maintaining complex load balancing configurations on various load balancer platforms but specializing in Citrix Netscaler with significant customizations across hundreds of load balanced environments
• Maintain the physical infrastructure and cabling in SumTotal’s European datacenters
• Evaluating and implementing content delivery network solutions integrating in technologies such as DDOS and other security measures.
• Performing in depth IP troubleshooting through layer 7 using tools such as wireshark, fiddler and httpwatch.
• Troubleshooting nexus and ASR platforms leveraging technologies such as OTV, VRFs, VPCs and VDCs.
• Build and troubleshoot firewall rule sets and B2B VPN connections
• Handling escalated outages under pressure including issues after hours in an on-call rotation.
• Work with other engineers within the cloud operations team and across the organization to solve issues
• Provide guidance to Junior level engineers
• Work through issues with high profile Fortune 500 level clients.
• Implement changes within the scope of change management policies
• Document new deployments and changes as well as regular SOP updates
• Manage and configure Network monitoring systems including PRTG and Solarwinds heavily leveraging in depth SNMP configurations
• Manage Linux based network management systems
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• CCNP Certification is required.
• Participate in the rotating "on call" schedule with other members of the team
• BA or BS in EE/CS or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years of experience on a service provider or enterprise-level network in engineering or design roles working with SaaS, Cloud Computing, Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, protocols, load balancers, etc.
• Deep and substantial operational experience with enterprise/carrier-class routers and switches (experience with Cisco required)
• Significant Load Balancing experience preferably with Citrix Netscalers including writing custom policies.
• Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP, VRF, GRE, IPSec, VRRP, HSRP, and SNMP protocols
• Superior network routing protocol troubleshooting skills in BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP
• Ability to work well independently and on a team.
• Good troubleshooting skills.
• Experience with standard network change management and configuration policies.
• Experience with Windows and Linux administration
• Shell or Perl scripting knowledge a plus
• Experience and flexibility regarding on-call responsibilities.
• Creative problem solving abilities.
• Strong knowledge of datacenter design and layout.
• Ability to document and update processes.
• Be self-motivated and work well with end-users, management, and external technical support personnel
• Strong documentation, RCA’s and record keeping skills, with extreme attention to detail
• Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, think-on-your-feet business environment and possess strong organization skills, excellent verbal and written communication, good interpersonal skills, and an attention to detail, and be deadline focused.
Education, Training and Minimum Qualifications
• Degree in Computer Technology or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of experience in job specific skills.
• Experience of working in a 24 x 7 Data Center environment.
• Experience with Citrix Xenapp.
• Experience on Monitoring tool Splunk
• Experience in ServU / GlobalScape FTP/SFTP Servers
• Experience of managing large datacenters.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law