Title: Content Acquisition Manager
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
The Content Acquisition Manager is responsible for the prospecting, negotiation, onboarding and ongoing management of publishing partners and individual authors within the Skillsoft Books product offering. The role works in close collaboration with the Books product organization to help define the product collection roadmap for Books and then secures new publisher and/or author imprints to address these content needs. The role includes prospecting with individual book authors and self-publishers, as well as boutique publishing houses to fill content needs. The role includes negotiating the business terms with publishers and authors and obtaining agreements with support from Skillsoft legal team. Finally, the role includes the operational management of the publisher and authors, holding them accountable for product quality and delivery, proactively managing their performance so that the end product is of the highest quality.
- Initiate outbound contact to prospective authors and publishers based on product roadmap requirements.
- Present and position company to prospective publishers and authors and articulate the benefits of distributing their content through Skillsoft.
- Review content for quality and suitability for distribution.
- Negotiate business terms and royalty rates with prospective publishers and authors in collaboration with Books leadership team.
- Onboard new partners and authors into product offering.
- Set and manage expectations for product delivery and quality.
- Work with Books production team to establish product delivery schedule for respective partners and authors.
- Further develop and cultivate existing partner and author relationships to extend product coverageCollaborate with broader Books team on product vision and roadmap for the offering.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Education and Certifications: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 7-10 years’ experience in content acquisition, freelance author management and publisher management.
- 7-10 years’ experience in outbound business development with a proven track record of bringing new relationships onboard.
- Proven experience with publishing and e-book space required
- Ability to focus on detail while understanding how contributions align with the broader
Willingness and ability to travel as required
•Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
•Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
•Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
•Adaptable, embraces change.
•Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
•Customer service minded.
•Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.