Skillsoft is currently seeking an experienced Social Media Director to drive overall strategy, plan and tactics across our social footprint.
Objectives for this role include:
• development of brand awareness and online reputation,
• social media content development,
• content amplification,
• audience engagement,
• overall social growth.
The ideal candidate lives and breathes social, is passionate about understanding and leveraging social, and has an intuitive sense of what will resonate with Skillsoft’s audiences. The Director will also engage in internal activity by driving employee engagement and adoption of social media platforms and activities to help drive external brand awareness, engagement and growth.
• Leads overarching social media and platform strategy and executes all social campaigns
• Oversees and executes social marketing initiatives across the global organization
• Leads the creation and distribution of social content
• Works with key subject matter experts and senior management on building out their individual social media presence and activity
• Leads larger social initiatives/events in collaboration with Demand Generation activities
• Manages day-to-day social media operations
• Manages KPI’s (traffic, views, etc) associated with social activities
• Serve as primary social media liaison for cross-functional teams, including content, demand gen, PR, corporate and product marketing and sales
• Creates social plans and timelines for all campaigns
• Manage social media budget and manages external vendors
• Works with PR/AR tram to influence and engage with market influencers
• Manages the editorial and operational aspects of the Skillsoft Client Community in order to ensure a flourishing level of customer engagement
• Researches and develops strategy for online community involvement; as well as driving more engagement in any Skillsoft and SumTotal communities
Desired Skills and Experience
Proven Track Record - Proven ability to manage and drive social audiences, campaigns and engagement with measureable business results; Comfortable being accountable for KPIs and experience working in a data-centric organization.
Hands-on Leader – Develop both topline strategy and deliver on tactics including the writing and development of social posts and the ability to define graphic design needs from creative services.
Evangelist - Strong affinity for the Skillsoft/SumTotal brands and the ability to understand appropriate tone, voice and topics that will engage our audiences.
Takes Initiative – Recognizes opportunities and initiates actions to capitalize on them by looking for new and productive ways to make an impact
Strong Communicator - Excellent and demonstrable written and verbal skills; Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional departments.
Customer Focused – Demonstrates that both external and internal customers are a high priority by identifying, and responding to their needs in a timely and efficient manner. Collaborates well with other members of the Global Marketing team functionally and in the geos
Building Organizational Commitment – Displays commitment, loyalty and appreciation for the organization. Conveys a high-level of concern for all employees, while helping to ensure that both their needs and those of the organization are met.
Education and Certifications
• 8+ years of social media & management experience
• Undergraduate degree in Marketing, related field or equivalent professional experience
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law