This position is a quota bearing sales rep who is focused on selling enterprise-wide integrated HR solutions using SumTotal’s consultative solution selling techniques. These products include Learning, Workforce Management, Performance & Talent solutions as well as Professional Services. This role is focused on closing deals by working with new and existing, small to medium sized businesses.
• Own the relationship with assigned portfolio of customers, support complex accounts
• Drive new bookings and customer satisfaction by proactively calling into the customer base within the assigned territory
• Position and sell additional products and services
• Find new cross-sell opportunities
• Determine the level of satisfaction with our products and services; coordinate with internal resources to ensure prompt resolution of open issues
• Inform the customer of upcoming events and product releases
• Create highly satisfied, referenceable customers
• Manage contract renewal process with customer
• Penetrate new territories and close customer opportunities to build a steady pipeline of business.
• Identify, call on, and interact with the senior level executives at targeted companies.
o Educate these executives about SumTotal solutions within the HR software space.
• Must produce consistent, accurate activity and sales reporting using the company’s standardized tracking and reporting tools (including salesforce.com) to communicate with senior management and members of the marketing, inside sales and outside sales teams.
• Keep sales pipeline up-to-date and accurately forecast future business.
• Demonstrate and maintain an understanding of the HR software space, in-depth product and service knowledge, and be proficient at coordinating customer interaction, and answering customer and prospect questions about the company’s strategy, products (including feature sets), functionality and pricing.
• Develop sales strategies and plans to achieve revenue attainment and territory growth.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience:
• 2 or more years commission sales experience in the software industry
• College degree
• Previous experience as an Account Manager preferred.
• Experience in Human Capital Management space either as a customer or provider working with such products as Oracle, Taleo, SAP, Successfactors, Cornerstone, Saba, etc.