No Direct Reports
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
• Responsible to assist with the development of assigned features on one or more projects.
• Assist in definition of schedule, activities and estimates for assigned projects.
• Participate in management of requirements for assigned features and activities.
• Assist with the creation and documentation of technical designs for assigned features and activities.
• Contribute to complete and thorough unit and integration testing of deliverables.
• Participate in creation and documentation of performance test cases for deliverables.
• Assist in creation and documentation of QA test plan/cases for deliverables.
• Delivery of high quality applications assignments on time and within budget.
• Share in the support and maintenance of existing applications and others as assigned.
• Contribute to definition of standards, guidelines and processes for software development.
• Effectively communicate with peers and management.
• Demonstrate a collaborative work ethic, and be a positive contributor to team environment.
• Actively participate in the support of production systems.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
• Minimum of 3+ years experience in application development in the focus area of Java/J2EE development.
• 3+ years in data access technologies including SQL, stored procedures, and associated persistence technologies.
• Knowledge of JMS/MDB, Spring Framework, Hibernate, JSF (or Equivalent Webframe work experience ) Preferred
• 2-3 years of experience in application security and authentication.
• Experience with complex multi-platform environments and infrastructure.
• Experience with full product lifecycle from scope to customer release.
• Experience with Windows environments including integration with various back-end systems (SQL databases, LDAP, Active Directory).
• Sound experience in Object Oriented Analysis, Design, Programming.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
• Experience in complex application migrations from one software platform to another.
• XML, XSLT.
• Web Services - SOAP, UDDI, WSDL.
• Familiarity with leading IDE’s.
• Middleware technologies including messaging a plus.
• Experience in Software Design Patterns a plus.
• Familiarity with at least 2 major software development methodologies (Waterfall, RUP, Scrum, XP, etc) with recent experience on an Agile team highly preferred.
Level of Education Required:
• Bachelor of Science, equivalent degree in a technical area (preferably computer science or engineering), or equivalent and relevant work experience.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Office environment working with personal computer for extended periods of time.
• Occasional evening and weekend work to meet project deadlines or accommodate off hour deployment requirements.