Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning – we train more professionals than any other company in the world, over 400 million learners and currently support more than 6000 customers, including half of the Fortune 500.
We released our next generation SaaS platform solution earlier this year – Percipio, the industry’s first immersive eLearning platform.
This is the realization of our vision that brings together technology and product to build the most beautiful product possible. You will be working with us to extend our vision and enhance and improve our product.
See what team members had to say about this journey – Percipio Journey
We are looking for a Principal / Lead full stack developer looking to make the switch to an Architect role!
This Architect will be in a hands-on role responsible for building and maintaining Percipio’s Learner experience to ensure that our product provides a world class user experience that simplifies and encourages platform utilization. Under the supervision of the Chief Architect with latitude for independent judgement, action and decision making, this Architect will be a hands-on role responsible for building and maintaining our learner experience which includes content presentation, consumption, player technologies (for videos, books etc.) all in a multi-tenant SaaS environment.
We have multiple co-located teams across the globe and are embracing the Spotify agile framework and a micro-services approach combined with the DevOps model for implementation. We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Software Architect with the development team in our Boston office. You will have the opportunity to work with brilliant people around the globe while working with cutting-edge technology including NodeJS, Ruby, Rails, Elixir/Pheonix, ReactJS, Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS.
Our Technology and Workflow
• React / Redux, NodeJs, Ruby/Rails, Postgres, Docker, Kubernetes
• Pair programming, code review, CI, test-driven development, Mac/Linux
• Agile/Scrum, CI/CD product development
• GitHub Enterprise, Slack, Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence)
Our Work Place
• Brand new office in downtown Boston
• Experienced team with strong autonomy
• Spotify Agile Framework, Scrum
• Access to technical conferences across the US, online learning materials
• Hands-on architect that provides technology leadership and oversight on design, development and implementation of Learner workflows
• Provide technical guidance and strategy for the front end UI application for local and remote development teams
• Work with UI/UX design team to provide consistent user experience with an effective, consistent implementation strategy
• Keen interest in DevOps culture and technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible
• Ownership mindset and consistent delivery on commitments
• Learn new technologies and process practices
• Leading POCs to create breakthrough solutions, performing exploratory and targeted data analyses
• Makes recommendations to improve operational processes relative to efficiency and effectiveness
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience in web development (React/Redux, JQuery, CSS3/HTML) and full stack development (NodeJS, Ruby, Rails)
• Demonstrable experience in React/Redux UI framework applied to a large project
• Hands-on experience in building modular, reusable UI components
• Experienced in developing with Ruby/Rails and Postgres database
• Passionate, curious, open to new ideas with the ability to pick up new technologies
• A strong understanding of approaches and techniques to optimize web performance
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
• Prior experience in web site performance tuning techniques (especially with Single Page Applications)
• Advanced knowledge of build systems such as Grunt/Gulp/etc, including Linting, Compiling, Minifying, etc.
• Working knowledge of NodeJS is a big plus
• Advanced knowledge Accessibility standards and Localization techniques preferred
Education and Certifications
BS Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred