U.S. Pipe Fabrication is the largest independent ductile iron pipe fabricator in the United States. Since our beginning in 1991, it has been our mission to provide the finest fabricated products along with excellent local service across the United States. U.S. Pipe Fabrication has revolutionized the ductile iron pipe fabrication business.
Job Summary: Utilizes customer drawings or product descriptions to generate CAD drawings for steel piping fabrication. From customer specifications, this person will create assembly and component drawings so the fabrication shop can fabricate the components, and create a BOM from those drawings.
The employee will be working in a plant office environment. However, his/her duties will require frequent and sometimes extended trips within the production areas thus exposing him/her to the following working conditions: Extreme Heat and Cold, Noise, Vibration, Oils and Atmospheric Conditions such as Dust, Fumes, and Metallic Particles.
1. Performs Steel piping component drawings per customer request, often from a pdf drawing or list including a procurable list of material
2. Works with Steel Estimator to meet bid requirements and specifications
3. Works with the fabrication department and shop foreman to ensure customer promise dates are met
4. Works with vendors to ensure product delivery dates
5. Interact with and communicate customers’ needs with coworkers to ensure priorities are met and project promise dates are achieved