Are you a full stack Software Engineer looking for an opportunity to work in a fast paced and fun environment? Then consider joining us here at Skillsoft in Rochester, NY. We are building SaaS platforms and client applications for our content delivery products with the goal of being the “best in the industry”. Our products allow 6000+ customers consume content from a variety of sources with a strong focus on video, from any device, with features that fit the needs of learner. We believe that our customers deserve the best learning experiences and we are delivering on those needs with the products you will be working on. You could be the one to help us achieve this goal!
We are looking for exceptional developers to join our team and willing to learn new technology in this rapidly evolving world. You will build front end customer facing product features using cutting edge technologies while implementing REST APIs and other back-end functionality as needed.
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use
• Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
• Optimize user-facing features for maximum speed and scalability
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to build user-facing features
• Build prototypes and turn them into real production-quality features
• Implement backend functionality as needed, such as REST APIs
Knowledge and Skills
• Experience with Java and REST
• Experience with React and Redux or any modern JS framework (Ember, Angular, etc)
• Experience with automation tools such as Npm, Webpack, Grunt, Bower etc.
• Experience with code versioning tools, preferably Git (Github, Gitlab, etc) and the feature branch workflow
• Proficient building responsive cross browser UI’s and exposure to mobile development
• Experience of either SASS or LESS pre-processor
• Experience in UI Test frameworks (CasperJS, PhantomJS, Mocha, Jasmine, JEST, Selenium, etc.)
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
• Demonstrated ability to ship code in production
• Passionate, curious and open to new ideas
Education and Certifications
BS in Computer Science Preferred