SumTotal Systems, LLC, is the largest independent provider of integrated HR applications and the only provider to deliver Talent Expansion™, a whole new approach to discovering, developing and unleashing hidden potential within our customers’ workforce.
SumTotal has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s on-premise and cloud-based applications to enable their employees.
About this role:
The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) will play a critical role in providing technical assistance for SumTotal’s global customer base. As a member of SumTotal’s Customer Services organization, the TSE will provide real-time support on our Enterprise products through e-mail and phone interactions with customers. The fundamental goal of this position is to help our customers achieve success with use our products. This position involves handling and resolving complex technical queries and issues in the areas of product functionality, architecture, or defect correction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop a deep knowledge of SumTotal’s enterprise products.
• Communicate effectively with corporate customers via telephone, email, or other media sources to set expectations and maintain positive customer relations.
• Solve common to complex user problems and answer questions in real time related to: software functionality, data communication/networking, installation, Operating Systems, and Web-Browser.
• Escalate top priority, production-critical issues to the appropriate technical staff.
• Resolve incidents in a timely manner as per Service Level Agreements.
• Maintain ownership of issues until resolution.
Skills & Requirements:
• Associates or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, or other technology-related degrees.
• Technical knowledge in Windows 2000 Server, IIS, ASP, .Net, SQL Server, or Oracle is preferred.
• Flexible to work in rotating shifts.
SumTotal Systems is an AA/EEO/Disabled/Veteran's employer.