SumTotal Systems, LLC, is the largest independent provider of integrated HR applications and the only provider to deliver Talent Expansion™, a whole new approach to discovering, developing and unleashing hidden potential within our customers’ workforce.
SumTotal has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s on-premise and cloud-based applications to enable their employees.
About this role:
The Principal Solutions Architect is a key leadership role in the presales organization, driving strategy and processes in targeted areas of the business. This individual will carry a Senior Solution Architect set of responsibilities while also owning the strategy and process around how SumTotal enables our partners and channels to make them successful in selling our solution.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Drive and adhere to the SumTotal Strategic Preparation Process.
• Drive the SumTotal Strategic Preparation Process with Partners, enabling them to sell the way that we sell.
• Assist Partners in deep dive presentations, becoming a part of their sales strategy for key accounts.
• Manage and maintain Partner demo sites, sandbox sites.
• Ensure that product updates are communicated to Partners effectively and consistently across the globe.
• Periodically assess the readiness of Partners across the globe, ensuring consistency in their representation of our product suite (as well as adherence to our strategic preparation process).
• Develop and deliver custom demonstrations and presentations that illustrate SumTotal’s ability to enhance customer and prospects business operations.
• Respond to prospect’s or customer’s concerns during meetings by articulating clear and concise information on the benefits of the SumTotal solutions.
• Present SumTotal’s technical architecture and hosting capabilities as it relates to the customer’s and prospect’s environment and technical requirements.
• Assist in response generation to RFI/RFPs identify and create answers that provide value and benefits to our prospects.
• Function as a leader within the SumTotal Presales team, sharing insight from your work with the team in order to provide global awareness of Partner activity within the field.
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in a Business or Technical related field
• 5+ years of experience in a Pre-sales or Solutions Consultant role in the software industry.
• Up to 60% travel will be required.
• 6+ years of experience in the Human Capital Management (HCM) industry.
• Relevant hands-on experience using SQL Server, Oracle, and Stored Procedures.
• Experience with image editing and creation tools.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law