Position Name – Deployment Automation Engineer II
Experience – 3-5 Years
Job Location – Hyderabad, India
About the Role:
The Deployment Automation Engineer will provide development and support for production and lab SumTotal Systems Cloud automation platforms. The person in this role will be part of a team providing support in addition to proposing and working on innovative projects with the goal of eliminating manual processes and ensuring world class reliability of changes in the SumTotal Systems Cloud environment. As part of a team, this individual will partner with the SumTotal Systems Engineering team to ensure architectural changes and new automation platforms are focused on providing value to our customers and on improving efficiency in our operations.
• Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and support of lab and production automation platforms.
• Incident/Problem management for cases reported by internal customers from Engineering, Cloud Service Operations and Cloud Deployment teams.
• Optimize VRA/VRO system reliability, security, performance, and operational efficiency.
• Provide 24/7 operations support as part of a team through shift and on-call coverage as required.
• Develop enhancements to automation platform including work on existing roadmap and research and testing of new tools to further automate deployment and operations processes.
• Interface with developers to onboard applications into the automation platform.
• Participate in release testing activities as well as the automation of those activities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• 2 years of experience working on an Automation platform (chef / puppet / vmware, etc)
• Experience using REST APIs
• VMware vsphere including the management, provisioning and deprovisioning of VMs
• Windows experience including active directory, DNS, DFS, SMB and general windows administration
• Demonstrated understanding of SQL
• Strong foundations in networking including IP address management, vlans, network data flows and how systems communicate
• Proficiency with linux at the CLI including navigating around linux systems, using and parsing files, editing files, etc
• Demonstrated experience solving problems with innovative solutions.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong technical troubleshooting skillset
• VRA & VRO system administration and development experience
• Advanced network experience - load balancers (citrix netscalers) and firewalls (Fortinet, cisco, or similar), CDN experience
• Storage experience using enterprise storage NASs or SANs
• Strong IIS Experience
• Strong Knowledge of Windows Server.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Clustering, DNS, Active Directory and Group policy
• Basic understanding of Firewalls, Load Balancers, Switches, Network Design.
Education, Training and Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably Computer Science or Engineering discipline.
• MCSE & VMware certification are a plus. Linux certification will be an added advantage.