The Infrastructure team at SumTotal Systems offers comprehensive-hosting services that allow extended enterprises to successfully deploy SumTotal applications with minimal IT infrastructure and resources. Through our dedicated application hosting services, our customers receive worldwide access to SumTotal learning applications.
The Systems Administrator II in Europe manages Windows 2003/2008/2012 systems running custom Web & SQL applications that are part of a rapidly growing hosted environment. The administrator is a key part of SumTotal’s commitment to provide customers access on a 24x7x365 basis.
- Performs system configuration, software installation and upgrades of Win2008/2012 systems acting as application servers and database servers.
- Remote administration of Servers.
- Maintain the physical infrastructure and cabling in SumTotal’s European datacenters
- Troubleshooting of issues related to windows and VMware servers/Infrastructure.
- Respond to customer requests for program loads, and system customization specific to SumTotal System’s industry leading product(s).
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and operation of systems.
- Optimizes system availability, security, and performance of systems.
- Server Patching/Upgrades
- Perform all backups and recovery for the hosted environment.
- FTP/SFTP administration
- VM deployment from scratch/Template/cloning
- Provide backend support for the systems to internal Customer Support staff
- Monitor system performance and capacity; provide input for needed expansion or alternative configurations to support additional storage, database capacity, or web server capacity needs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong Knowledge of Windows 2008/2012.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Clustering, DNS, Active Directory and Group policy
- Server updates/patching validation before implementing
- Strong knowledge on Performance monitoring and analysis
- Strong Windows troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of SSL, SSO and NT Authentication
- Strong knowledge of VMWARE ESXi 4.1 and 5 Clustering, Resource Pools, Memory and CPU management, VMOTION, Networking, VM Deployment, Cloning, and templates.
- Good Knowledge on VMWARE troubleshooting skills.
- Scripting in any of PowerShell/VB will be must.
- Strong knowledge on Backup/Restore. Livevault / Rubrik knowledge will be additional advantage.
- Good knowledge FTP/SFTP. ServU/GlobalScape additional advantage
- Knowledge of systems and network security principles, and general systems administration best practices.
- Basic Knowledge of Firewalls, Load Balancers, switches, and network design.
- Strong Knowledge on Change and Incident management process.
- The ability to work in an energetic, fast paced and interrupt driven environment, with openness to the demands and rewards of a 24 x 7 workplace.
- Goal-oriented attitude and demeanor to work through roadblocks, motivate external concerns and bring about resolution
- Be self-motivated and work well with end-users, management, and external technical support personnel
- Strong documentation, RCA’s and record keeping skills, with extreme attention to detail
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, think-on-your-feet business environment and possess strong organization skills, excellent verbal and written communication, good interpersonal skills, and an attention to detail, and be deadline focused.
Optional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of 3par, EMC, Netapp and Tintri storages.
Education, Training and Minimum Qualifications
- Degree in Computer Technology or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in job specific skills.
- Microsoft certified 2008/2012 and vSphere 5/6 certification will be must.
- Experience of working in a 24 x 7 Data Center environment.
- Experience with Citrix Xenapp.
- Experience on Monitoring tool Splunk
- Experience in cloud backup technology LiveVault / Rubrik
- Experience in ServU / GlobalScape FTP/SFTP Servers
- Experience of managing large datacenters.