Porchlight is accepting applications for an enthusiastic
Lead Line Cook
for full-time employment.
Seeking talented individuals who want to be involved in elevating the culinary program at one of Esquire’s Best Bars in America
Join a caring, warm, and welcoming kitchen environment without all the pretension
Cook casual Southern inspired food with a strong focus on ingredients and technique
A stepping stone to culinary leadership within Union Square Hospitality Group
A collaborative work environment, where your voice counts
About Porchlight: Porchlight is a Manhattan bar with a Southern accent in the burgeoning West Chelsea neighborhood. Created by Danny Meyer, this is Union Square Hospitality Group’s (USHG) first stand-alone bar. Porchlight is a timeless watering hole, featuring signature and classic cocktails, exceptional Southern-inspired food and a magnetic atmosphere. From lunch or happy hour with colleagues to drinks with friends, Porchlight is a respite for neighborhood employees and residents alike, providing a gathering place inspired by the spirit of community found on porches throughout America.
Requisite Talents and Knowledge:
- The ability to lead and motivate a team
- Advanced culinary technique
- Following recipes without direct supervision
- Kitchen etiquette and safety
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with colleagues
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a high volume high end kitchen
- Checks in deliveries and ensures proper storage of the deliveries
- Oversee all aspect of the kitchen when the chef isn’t present
- Helps with inventory, ordering, food costing and portion control
- Follows recipes, portion controls, pars, and presentation specifics as set by the Chef
- Restocks items as needed throughout shift.
- Keeps a clean, safe, organization work station
- Uses/maintains all equipment in station properly
- Conforms to Department of Health requirements to run an A-level kitchen
- Handles food products in a thoughtful manner, generating minimal waste
Eligibility for USHG Benefits Package:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance available at 90 days service.
- Paid Time Off begins accumulating the moment you start.
- Employee Dining- 20% discount at all USHG restaurants at 180 days service.
- 401(k)- matched 401(k) available at 1 year service.