Perform risk based integrated audits of various departments within the organization to ensure appropriate levels of controls are in place over business processes as well as systems and platforms. Identifies control gaps and processes improvements, researches issues and makes value added recommendations to improve the control environment. Works with outside auditors to help reconcile discrepancies or support the external auditing function.
Essential Job Functions*
• Obtain knowledge of assigned business areas and provide input to the development/revision of the audit plan.
• Maintain active and open communications/relationships with customers. Keep Audit Team apprised of customer concerns and expectations.
• Coordinate all aspects of audit assignments and provide status updates on a regular basis.
• Prepare work papers that are accurate, complete, and logically organized and contain sound conclusions and clear explanations.
• Perform audits that comply with the Corporate Audit Department and Institute of Internal Auditors’ Standards.
• Identify Audit Issues that are significant to the organization, address risk, and are realistic to implement.
• Identify any operational improvements throughout the performance of the audit
• Maintain a current knowledge of computer technology and available software and use this knowledge to facilitate the completion of audit assignments.
• Provide support on departmental initiatives and objectives.
• Effectively handle concurrent assignments as required. Ability to prioritize.
• Develop and work with management on consulting opportunities.
• Educate management on Internal Audit’s role and educate them about controlling risk
• Be an effective team player.