The developer will review, analyze, design, implement, and modify aspects of approved applications. The developer will write code, complete documentation and unit test systems and applications. The developer will assist in converting project specifications and procedures to detailed logical flow charts for coding into appropriate language.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Implementation and maintenance of applications from given requirements specifications
• Application coding, unit test development
• Maintenance of existing modules and applications using internal and offshore resources.
• Development of new modules and applications using internal and offshore resources.
• Developing server-side and client-side code for internal and external web applications.
• Participate in the review of technical documents for system design
• Writing unit tests, automated regression tests and tracking defects as they occur.
• Supporting and assisting customers from around the globe.
• Building and improving Cobol applications and other proprietary software components.
• Consistently delivers work product that exceeds department quality metrics.
• Works collaboratively with QA engineers through participation in the testing process and review of QA documentation.
• When written documentation is required, provide clearly written documentation that is appropriate for the intended audience.
• Contribute to the product management and development team through timely participation in team activities such as status meetings and technical reviews (requirements, design, code, etc).
• Stay technically current on the product and its evolution.
• Support efforts to improve the existing software development processes used by engineering.
• Participate in architectural design for team and Engineering
• Work collaboratively and effectively within a team of peers. Typically requires that incumbents attend work at the office and typically works during business hours (8 am to 5 pm) Monday through Friday.
• Ensure that the long-term architectural and performance strategies are considered with designing and coding solutions.
• Provide input to architects and product management on issues and concerns.
• Responsible for ensuring design for reuse is considered.
• Participate in the development of technical specifications for our products, driving any new technologies that have been adopted into actual use.
• Stay current on our shared component library and help insure we are reusing shared components and not rebuilding them, and additionally look for opportunities for the business solutions to contribute to the shared component library.