Headquartered in Bedford, Massachusetts, Reveal Imaging Technologies, Inc develops explosives detection systems (EDS) to inspect baggage and parcels for airport and facility security. Reveal Imaging employees enjoy a working environment where individual contribution, teamwork and innovation are all highly valued. Our explosive detection products are mission-critical in the truest sense of the word. The United States Transportation Security Administration is our largest customer and requires products to exacting standards, which we deliver.
Are you looking for a position where you can apply Database, Excel, scripting, software testing and possibly even some C++ coding in a job where no two days are alike? Are others amazed by your attention to details? If so, Reveal has an ideal position for you supporting our algorithm engineers in a variety of interesting ways, where what you do really matters. Join our energetic, collaborative team and take ownership of our large volume of high-value data. Improve how we track, access and process this data by creatively applying SQL, Excel, perl, python or windows scripting. Help validate that our algorithms work as intended by running and analyzing offline database runs as well as testing the algorithms on real equipment. The person we hire must be extremely detail oriented and enjoy working with others. This position offers many opportunities for advancement, depending on your background and interests.
Specific duties include:
• Maintain image database and manage storage of data including backups, retrievals and tracking
• Support new programs by extending mySQL database with new meta-data fields
• Generate algorithm training data using existing software tools
• Test algorithm software on real equipment
• Perform database runs as needed and produce reports
• Interface between R&D and our IT department regarding computer cluster and storage space used by R&D teams for database runs