|Director of Donor Relations|
Director of Donor Relations
What we do:
ASUs Enterprise Partners is a global-reaching non-profit based in Tempe, AZ. We raise resources to support students, researchers and programs at Arizona State University so that they can improve the world.
As is customary at ASU, we operate a little differently: not only do we cultivate philanthropy, we also identify real estate, technology transfer, international partnership and defense research opportunities that yield private support for the university. You can learn more about each of these entities at www.asuenterprisepartners.org.
Who we are:
Our team is varied – fundraisers, designers, scholars, financial wizards, ex-CEOs, filmmakers, venture capitalists, inventors, volunteers – and each member brings a different perspective to our vision.
Regardless of background, we share a mission that we can help, that quality higher education should be accessible -- no matter from where one comes -- and that we are responsible for the wellbeing of the communities we live in and serve.
Want to advance the most innovative university in the country – and your work? Join us.
There is no single career journey at Enterprise Partners. Roles often shift as passions are discovered. You’ll be encouraged to look across the organization to determine if new areas are of interest – whether in fundraising, real estate development, social media or something else. Training courses are offered every week, and our main offices face ASU’s Tempe campus, where our employees’ tuition is significantly reduced.
Our advancement opportunities are real – and so is the ability to be part of an intellectually stimulating, people-focused, mission-driven team doing meaningful work in a beautiful, vibrant, sunlit location.
Details about our comprehensive benefits are available at https://www.asuenterprisepartners.org/careers/benefits.
The ASU Foundation is a private non-profit organization that identifies, encourages and engages private supporters to advance the success of Arizona State University as a New American University.
The foundation works with donors to determine their motivations and aspirations and matches those passions with investment opportunities at ASU.
We especially welcome candidates who are eager to apply best practices in fundraising towards cultivating a culture of philanthropy throughout the ASU community.
The Director of Donor Relations for the ASU Foundation for A New American University (ASUF) will serve as a central resource, expert and administrator for all aspects of donor relations for our donors. By providing consistent, timely, and systematic acknowledgement, reporting, recognition, and engagement opportunities we cultivate, sustain, and nurture lifelong relationships with donors and the university.
This position is responsible for advancing ASUF’s relationships with benefactors in order to boost donor retention and facilitate future giving. Partnering with the foundation's internal constituents and the university's academic units, this position ensures that the needs of ASU's donors are met and their expectations are exceeded. This position oversees the utilization of innovative technology and the use of the ASUF’s database system to maximize donor relations and stewardship efforts. The Director manages a dedicated staff, serves as a member of the engagement executive team, and reports directly to the Assistant Vice President of Engagement.
What you'll do:
· Manage a staff responsible for all facets of donor relations and stewardship
· Develop and manage a strategic plan for donor relations
· Establish standard policy procedures for donor relations and stewardship activities
· Identify strategic and streamlined methods to provide service to ASU units in creation and execution of donor relations / stewardship plans and collaborate with donor relations / stewardship personnel in unit
· Develop and execute an effective Lifetime Stewardship program for ASUF and ASU unit
· Work with development leadership to assist in the coordination, management and execution of individualized stewardship plans for leadership giving donors
· Develop and manage the ASU recognition societies in collaboration with ASU and ASUF leadership
· Direct and oversee memorial walls, gifts and other forms of recognition in support of ASU
· Develop and manage effective endowed chair and professorship programs that recognize and honor donors and faculty
· Provide leadership in developing methods of communication and/or programming that optimize donors’ understanding of how their gifts benefit the university
· Respond to questions regarding the status of gifts, endowed funds, stewardship and recognition, and donor communications
· Oversee ASUF Naming Policy procedures and documentation
· Utilize the ASUF donor and financial databases and related technology tools in order to develop systems and strategies that enhance the delivery of donor relations programs
· Responsible for the management and communication of reports to donors, including financial and impact components, ensuring that reports are provided in a timely and consistent manner
· Develop and execute an effective, timely and meaningful acknowledgement system to be managed centrally in support of ASU units
· Oversee the drafting of original correspondence that acknowledge specific donor gifts and special donor activity on behalf of the President of ASU, CEO of ASUF, executive staff, and others as appropriate
· Manage the ASUF donor relations portal as an effective donor relations tool for ASUF and ASU units.
· Develop, execute, and manage regular and systematic donor survey’s
· Conduct appropriate training and mentoring of ASU and ASUF staff to optimize the effective use of stewardship systems and programs
What you’ll need:
· Collaborative style, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
· Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to Foundation and University business and confidential prospect information
· Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, writing, and by phone
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Problem solver who can take initiative and set priorities while being flexible
· Team-oriented strategist able to effectively manage complex situations involving numerous and sometimes competing constituencies
· Ability to represent the institution well
· An advocate’s belief in the vision of ASU as the New American University
· Attention to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties
· Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects
· Adept at navigating complex environments with evolving priorities and communication plans
· Ability to communicate complex financial information to donors and to internal audiences
· Skill in using donor database system(s)
Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years experience or master’s degree and three (3) years experience in not-for-profit and/or related field.Related experience must possess and demonstrate significant writing and training/supervisory experience.
Contact us today.
The ASU Foundation through ASU Enterprise Partners offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan and reduced tuition at ASU.
For more information on the ASU Foundation, visit our web site at www.asufoundation.org. If interested in the Associate Director of Donor Relations please apply online at www.asufoundation.org/careers.
The ASU Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer