|Engineering Commercialization Analyst|
ASU Enterprise Partners - Engineering Commercialization Analyst , Skysong Innovations
· The mission statement for the Physical Science Technology Transfer function is to identify, evaluate, protect, market and commercialize innovative physical science based technologies developed at Arizona State University, a $600MM research enterprise. The aim is for ASU technologies to be licensed to both established and startup companies with a view to promoting societal benefits while also ensuring a fair return for the university While the incumbent will be joining SI to assist in the evaluation of technologies for commercial potential, prepare written non-confidential descriptions, assist in the development of commercial strategies and identify potential licensees for technologies. The major activity will be to carry out marketing campaigns, updating marketing records and following up on leads.
· Further, he/she will search relevant business information and analyze commercial factors such as market size, developmental risk, and competitive environment. He/she will work independently with the internet and other technology and literature database tools to perform research on the new technology for commercial potential. SI has an extensive database of companies working in a wide range of PS related fields and the successful candidate will need to maintain and update this database on a regular basis. He/she will assist the other members of the PS team in determining the keys aspects of invention disclosure with respect to marketing strategies and will take the lead in all marketing activities.
· Through on-the-job training, he/she will develop a working knowledge of the technology transfer process including patent management, and the negotiation of technology transfer agreements. This will lead to making preliminary recommendations supporting final investment decisions and assisting other SI staff with invention disclosure reviews and inventor interviews. Report writing and presentation skills are essential.
What you'll do:
· Preparing written non-confidential disclosures, assembling a target-marketing list, recording marketing activities in Inteum database and running marketing campaigns for faculty innovations.
· Perform market research studies to aid the assessment of disclosures. Create Market research reports and marketing documents.
· Conduct and support marketing outreach activities and support licensing negotiations
· Actively market PS technologies via e-mail campaigns and support the PS team in formulating strategies to bring innovations to market.
· If needed interact closely with ASU faculty to monitor their research activities and to solicit and assist with the completion and submission of invention disclosures
· If needed meet and work with faculty to explain ASU’s technology transfer activities, solicit invention disclosures, and explain the patent application process and Skysong Innovation’s standard procedures and practices.
· Make presentations to faculty and student groups
· Provide back up and support to the PS team as needed in any aspect of the technology transfer process.
Other duties as assigned
What you'll need:
A graduate degree in chemistry, materials science, or engineering with additional business education (an MBA is preferred) or an undergraduate degree with business analyst, marketing and/or business development experience. Equivalent experience will also be considered. It is preferred that he/she possesses good scientific grounding in specific areas such as computer sciences, a broad spectrum of engineering fields including biomedical engineering.
Innovations, through ASU Enterprise Partners offers a competitive compensation
and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k)
plan and reduced tuition at ASU.
Skysong Innovations is an equal opportunity employer