|Development Officer Estate and Gift Planning|
Development Officer Estate and Gift Planning
What we do:
ASUs Enterprise Partners is a global-reaching non-profit based in Tempe, AZ. We raise resources to support students, researchers and programs at Arizona State University so that they can improve the world.
As is customary at ASU, we operate a little differently: not only do we cultivate philanthropy, we also identify real estate, technology transfer, international partnership and defense research opportunities that yield private support for the university. You can learn more about each of these entities at www.asuenterprisepartners.org.
Who we are:
Our team is varied – fundraisers, designers, scholars, financial wizards, ex-CEOs, filmmakers, venture capitalists, inventors, volunteers – and each member brings a different perspective to our vision.
Regardless of background, we share a mission that we can help, that quality higher education should be accessible -- no matter from where one comes -- and that we are responsible for the wellbeing of the communities we live in and serve.
Want to advance the most innovative university in the country – and your work? Join us.
There is no single career journey at Enterprise Partners. Roles often shift as passions are discovered. You’ll be encouraged to look across the organization to determine if new areas are of interest – whether in fundraising, real estate development, social media or something else. Training courses are offered every week, and our main offices face ASU’s Tempe campus, where our employees’ tuition is significantly reduced.
Our advancement opportunities are real – and so is the ability to be part of an intellectually stimulating, people-focused, mission-driven team doing meaningful work in a beautiful, vibrant, sunlit location.
Details about our comprehensive benefits are available at https://www.asuenterprisepartners.org/careers/benefits.
The ASU Foundation is a private non-profit organization that identifies, encourages and engages private supporters to advance the success of Arizona State University as a New American University.
The foundation works with donors to determine their motivations and aspirations and matches those passions with investment opportunities at ASU.
We especially welcome candidates who are eager to apply best practices in fundraising towards cultivating a culture of philanthropy throughout the ASU community.
In partnership with other members of the Estate and Gift Planning team, the Development Officer, Estate and Gift Planning will identify, cultivate and solicit prospects and their financial advisors; increase the awareness and understanding of planned giving opportunities among staff, volunteers, potential donors, and estate planning professionals; advise and work with donors and development staff on securing planned gifts.
What you'll do:
· Responsible for achieving the unit and personal fundraising goals/metrics including building and maintaining a portfolio of 120-150 planned gift prospects at a major gift level or higher; Secure philanthropic investments in support of Arizona State University’s priorities; work within the ASU Foundation prospect management and tracking system, following all protocols for visits and solicitations
· Assist development staff by responding to prospect inquiries; formulate and prepare donor specific planned gift proposals; assist with prospect cultivation; and serve as a planned giving resource
· Use approved software to prepare proposals and documents related to planned gifts including charitable remainder trusts, charitable gift annuities, bequests and other means of deferred giving
· Represent the Foundation at appropriate functions in a professional manner
· Gain knowledge of current charitable tax law, planned giving and fund raising techniques and trends, including attending appropriate continuing education seminars and training opportunities
· Provide stewardship for prospects and donors, timely and accurate responses to requests for information, and maintain a relationship between donors, the university, and the Foundation
· Network with professionals who are familiar with estate and gift planning with a goal of bringing them, and potentially their clients, closer to ASU.
· Other tasks as assigned
What you’ll need:
· Collaborative style, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
· Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to Foundation and University business and confidential prospect information
· Strong and interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and by phone
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Problem solver who can take initiative and set priorities while being flexible
· Team-oriented strategist able to effectively manage numerous and sometimes competing constituencies
· Ability to represent the institution well
· An advocate’s belief in the vision of ASU as the New American University
· Attention to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties
· Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects
· Adept at navigating complex environments with evolving priorities and communication plans
· Ability to advance the New American University through the use of planned giving techniques
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Power Point) and ability to learn
programs, software, and other technologies and databases.
· Awareness of estate planning techniques emphasizing charitable estate planning or planned giving
· Ability to participate in activities that foster support for ASU development efforts
· Ability to travel (be out of the office) and interact with donors locally and in other states at least 50% of the time.
· Ability to work hours necessary to complete tasks, including nights and weekends as necessary
Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years successful development experience, preferably in estate and gift planning. Experience in estate planning related fields (ie, insurance, financial planning, tax preparation) or relationship based sales also considered.
The ASU Foundation through ASU Enterprise Partners offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan and reduced tuition at ASU.
For more information on the ASU Foundation, visit our web site at www.asufoundation.org. If interested in the Development Officer Estate and Gift Planning, please apply online at www.asufoundation.org/careers.
The ASU Foundation for A New American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer