|Senior Director, Principal Giving|
ASU Enterprise Partners – ASU Foundation – Senior Director, Principal Giving
Reporting to the Executive Director, Principal Giving, the Senior Director, Principal Gifts is a senior development professional assigned to the highest-level prospective donors for Arizona State University. The individual will serve as a visible frontline fundraiser and manage a portfolio of 80-100 principal gifts prospects with the capacity to give $1 million or more.
This position develops fundraising strategies and cases for support as well as provides staff support, planning, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of initiatives for the individuals assigned to this prospect pool. This position's primary focus is identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding high-level prospects who have the capacity to make transformative gifts to ASU and requires the knowledge and skills needed for discovery work.
The Senior Director will work closely with the ASU and ASUF Leadership teams and with other key academic leaders and volunteers to set short- and long-term donor-centric strategies and develop initiatives to advance each prospect's meaningful connection to the university to set the stage for solicitation in accordance with the university's priorities. The Senior Director will coordinate efforts with ASUF Executive Administration, Development Leadership Team, and the Development Management Team at Arizona State University.
What you’ll do:
· As an externally focused development professional, identify, engage, and solicit individuals who have the capacity to invest at the seven-figure or higher level in support of the university. Individual will secure at least $10M in gifts annually to support of ASU initiatives.
· Participate in strategic planning with the Principal Giving team as it relates to fundraising and program development working closely with the university and ASU Foundation leadership
· Work with other university leaders, including faculty and deans, to position select university priorities into fundraising cases for support, building pipelines and volunteer networks around these priorities as needed
· Guided by the direction and scope of each prospect's interest, proactively collaborate across the university enterprise to leverage the maximum philanthropic potential of each donor
· Develop and submit written proposals, campaign case statements, budgets and other collateral materials needed to secure philanthropic investments; furnish timely reports on progress toward assigned goals and solicitation results
· Effectively engage volunteers in the fundraising process
· As a member of the ASUF principal giving team, serve as a resource to development colleagues regarding fundraising opportunities and principal giving strategies
· Assess the viability of potential fundraising projects and efforts, standing up nascent fundraising programs as needed to advance the development enterprise
· Work effectively in the ASUF prospect management and tracking system, following all protocols for visits and solicitations
· Other development related duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
· Belief in the vision of ASU as the New American University and an ability to represent the institution well
· Ability to think strategically about moving individuals across the spectrum of prospect development, culminating in significant solicitations appropriate to the donor as well as institutional priorities
· Demonstrated success in managing a portfolio of high-level prospective donors with varying levels of attachment, including those requiring discovery
· Broad knowledge of fund-raising principles and techniques, preferably in a complex academic setting; demonstrated success working with high-level prospects who have the capacity to make transformative gifts
· Self-starter able to secure personal appointments and qualify new prospects
· Strong, collegial interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication ability as reflected in proposals, oral presentations, and strategic plans
· Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to Foundation and University business and confidential prospect information
· Proven success in building productive, long-term relationships with senior administrators, key business leaders, faculty, staff, institutional boards, volunteers, and/or donors
· Demonstrated achievement in securing philanthropic investments; bringing practical fundraising experience in developing cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for significant donors and prospects
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results oriented environment
· Team-oriented strategist able to effectively manage complex situations involving numerous and sometimes competing constituencies
· Demonstrated familiarity with financial planning, tax and charitable gift laws and planned giving vehicles and methods; experience in creating stewardship plans leading to additional investments
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least eight years successful professional development and/or fundraising related experience, preferably in higher education; OR, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skill and abilities have been achieved
Contact us today.
The ASU Foundation through ASU Enterprise Partners offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan and reduced tuition at ASU.
For more information on the ASU Foundation, visit our web site at www.asufoundation.org. If interested in the Senior Director, Principal Giving.
position, please apply online at www.asufoundation.org/careers.
The ASU Foundation for A New American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer