ASU Enterprise Partners – Chief of Staff, Skysong Innovations
What we do:
ASU Enterprise Partners is a global-reaching non-profit based in Tempe, AZ. We raise resources to support students, researchers and programs at Arizona State University so that they can improve the world.
As is customary at ASU, we operate a little differently: not only do we cultivate philanthropy, we also identify real estate, technology transfer, international partnership and defense research opportunities that yield private support for the university. You can learn more about each of these entities at www.asuenterprisepartners.org.
Who we are:
Our team is varied – fundraisers, designers, scholars, financial wizards, ex-CEOs, filmmakers, venture capitalists, inventors, volunteers – and each member brings a different perspective to our vision.
Regardless of background, we share a mission that we can help, that quality higher education should be accessible -- no matter from where one comes -- and that we are responsible for the wellbeing of the communities we live in and serve.
Want to advance the most innovative university in the country – and your work? Join us.
There is no single career journey at Enterprise Partners. Roles often shift as passions are discovered. You’ll be encouraged to look across the organization to determine if new areas are of interest – whether in fundraising, real estate development, social media or something else. Training courses are offered every week, and our main offices face ASU’s Tempe campus, where our employees’ tuition is significantly reduced.
Our advancement opportunities are real – and so is the ability to be part of an intellectually stimulating, people-focused, mission-driven team doing meaningful work in a beautiful, vibrant, sunlit location.
Details about our comprehensive benefits are available at https://www.asuenterprisepartners.org/careers/benefits.
As the top-rated university for innovation, Arizona State is a powerful generator of intellectual capital and technology. Skysong Innovations, a private non-profit organization, disseminates and manages that capital in the marketplace by nurturing relationships between faculty, investors and industry partners. Since its creation in 2003, Skysong Innovations has launched more than 120 startups, which support over 1,000 jobs and contribute hundreds of millions of dollars to Arizona’s economy.
The Chief of Staff is a key member of the leadership team and works as a strategic partner with the CEO with responsibilities for the central coordination of all functions and activities of the office. Responsibilities are focused on oversight of the administrative operations of the COO’s office and assisting the CEO with a range of major initiatives. The success of this position is attained by working effectively and collaboratively on behalf of the CEO, with the Staff of SkySong Innovations and and with senior management throughout the Arizona State University system when necessary
What you'll do:
• Assist the CEO in establishing organizational priorities and objectives
• Collaborate with others to manage the CEO’s schedule, preparation, travel and priorities for maximum impact
• Develop mutually supportive relationships with other members of the leadership team, acting as an enabler and a source of clarity regarding the CEO’s priorities and intent
• Assist with the development, articulation and preparation of messages and presentations for the CEO supporting strategies designed for particular initiatives, audiences, events etc.
• Oversee the design of communications from the CEO’s office with internal and external audiences
• Assist with the development of the strategic and operations plans to drive the organization’s focus and outcomes
• Monitor and review budget compliance on a monthly basis in conjunction with the VP Finance and HR.
• Mentor SI staff if appropriate and as directed by the VP Finance and HR and the CEO.
• Participate in all SI staff meetings and in project meetings as requested by CEO.
• Participate in meetings with VP’s and development managers from colleges, institutes, and units
• Other duties as assigned