|Student Support Assistant|
ASU Enterprise Partners—IRM—Student Support Assistant
What we do:
ASU Enterprise Partners is a global-reaching non-profit based in Tempe, AZ. We raise resources to support students, researchers and programs at Arizona State University so that they can improve the world.
As is customary at ASU, we operate a little differently: not only do we cultivate philanthropy, we also identify real estate, technology transfer, international partnership and defense research opportunities that yield private support for the university. You can learn more about each of these entities at www.asuenterprisepartners.org.
Our team is varied—fundraisers, designers, scholars, financial wizards, ex-CEOs, filmmakers, venture capitalists, inventors, volunteers—and each member brings a different perspective to our vision.
Regardless of background, we share a mission that we can help, that quality higher education should be accessible—no matter from where one comes—and that we are responsible for the wellbeing of the communities we live in and serve.
Want to advance the most innovative university in the country—and your work?
There is no single career journey at Enterprise Partners. Roles often shift as passions are discovered. You’ll be encouraged to look across the organization to determine if new areas are of interest—whether in fundraising, real estate development, social media or something else. Training courses are offered every week, and our main offices face ASU’s Tempe campus, where our employees’ tuition is significantly reduced.
Our advancement opportunities are real—and so is the ability to be part of an intellectually stimulating, people-focused, mission-driven team doing meaningful work in a beautiful, vibrant, sunlit location.
ASU Enterprise Partners Shared Services
Enterprise Partners Shared Services comprises teams of investment and finance, law, information systems, human resources and communication experts who provide centralized guidance and support to each entity that makes up ASU Enterprise Partners: the ASU Foundation, University Realty LLC, ASU Research Enterprises, Arizona Technology Enterprises and Research Collaboratory at ASU.
The Student Support Assistant serves an important role in the daily operations of the Information Resource Management Department by answering phone calls and help desk questions, providing AV support, running errands on campus, and general office duties. This position reports to the Desktop Support Analyst and requires 15 hours per week, between the hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm. Additional hours maybe allowed during school breaks and over the summer.
What you’ll do:
· Accept requests for assistance or problem reports from users
· Obtain necessary information from users to adequately describe the request or problem report
· Enter information into the problem and project tracking systems
· Directly respond to the request or problem if within own areas of expertise
· Direct the request or problem to the most appropriate support area
· Complete and track work in the problem and project tracking systems
· Liaison with users to ensure that requests or problem reports have been satisfactorily handled
· Provide A/V support (loaners, conference rooms and maintenance)
· Special projects as needed
· Other duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
· Collaborative style, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
· Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, writing, and by phone
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to Enterprise Partners, its subsidiaries and University business and confidential prospect information
· Attention to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties
· Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects
· Highly organized and able to work efficiently on multiple projects with tight deadlines
· Ability to quickly learn new software programs as needed
· Knowledge of departmental workflow process
· Knowledge of workstation operating systems (Windows 8, Windows 10, MAC OS X)
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
· Familiarity with other business software but not necessary (Advance, IFAS, Salesforce)
· Knowledge of desktop, laptop and server hardware
· Familiarity with audio visual equipment
· Help Desk experience for computer questions is desirable
ASU Enterprise Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer